Hi, from Louisville, KY

GoldenMotor.com

x502x

Nov 30, 2009
Louisville, KY
I was looking for a winter project and it looks like I have some great inspiration. Can't wait to get started and yes there will be pics :-||

x502x

Nov 30, 2009
Louisville, KY
First things first, trying to decide on what frame to use. If I start with a full bike, I don't know if I want hand or coaster brakes. I can't stand coaster brakes on a normal bike but is it a better choice for motorized bikes?
Frame options I'm looking at:

1: Huffy Cranbrook
2: Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser
3: 26" Ocean Pacific Men's Beach Cruiser
4: Is it possible to use a early 80's Murray BMX 20"

Any pointers for a good start appreciated.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello x502x, and Welcome! Glad to have you with us at the BEST Motorized Bicycle forum on the net.

I have been using coaster brakes for years with no problems. If you have a bike with coaster brakes you could always add pull brakes to it. There is even some disc brake conversion kits available.
I have a Cranbrook, or I should say I am half owner of it. It is okay but not the greatest bike in the world. I believe the Point Beach would be a little better then the Cranbrook but I have never ridden or built one. Look around the forum, many have the Cranbrook and Point Beach, ask lots of questions from the owners. Great members here that are always willing to help out.