New BoardTrack Project w/Honda Engine

GoldenMotor.com

vrgt2003

Sep 10, 2009
Raleigh NC
Finially got around to creating a video of the entire build of the Dixie Flyer. Thanks to Board Track Racer video of his build, I was inspired to put together most of the pictures from the build into this video you can find on YouTube.

YouTube - Dixie Flyer Build

Mike

Sorry for the sound track, YouTube disable my original score so I had to swap it with a track thay had on file.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Mike I just found this thread, I am taken back and how Beautiful that bike turned out. What a vision for the year 1911 it is perfect. I am a mechanic in a park shop, and a former motorcycle mechanic, so I have alway loved two wheeled machines. I had the fortune to ride a Pierce Arrow many years ago and never got over it. I have a vision for a bike to ride and enjoy the time travel, you have the machine to do it on. I have some old Walbro carbs that would look nice on that engine, we have trouble with those new fangled things, with no adjustments, keep an eye out for one I think you will like the look and the way it will run. They were found on the small 70's Kohler engines. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

--

Aug 18, 2014
Fabricated a kick starter sprocket component. This component will secure to a pedal shaft.
View attachment 15520

We are using a piece of the roller chain that is secured to the partial sprocket.
View attachment 15521

Fabricated a new pedal shaft bracket with bushings for a 3/4" shaft.
View attachment 15522

Welded the bracket in place right behind the original bottom bracket.
View attachment 15523

Added a crank arm and pedal to one end of the shaft and slipped the shaft through the bushings.
View attachment 15524

Mike
Secured the kick starter sprocket to the pedal shaft and attached the right pedal & crank arm.
View attachment 15527

The kick starter sprocket engages the freewheel so you can rotate the pedal up to make ready to turn the engine over by "kicking" down on the pedal. The kick starter sprocket will disengage with the the freewheel after "kicking" down on the pedal.
View attachment 15528

Both the left and right crank arms are secured to the pedal shaft so you could use either pedal to kick start the engine.
View attachment 15529

We found that leaving the pedals free to rotate was actually very comfortable to position your legs and feet while riding the bike. We had planned to add a feature to lock the pedals in place, we don't feel we will need this.
View attachment 15530

Mike
Hello Mike,

I read through this build and video on Youtube.. What a awesome job..

I am stuck here studying your kick starter.. with questions on my mind.. How did you attach freewheel onto 3/4" shaft? Or what parts did you use to make it all work?

I understand partial sprocket and other.. it just attaching that freewheel is what got me..

Thank...

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
You can see my BT7 at the North Texas Austin Healey website under pictures of cars of former members or, try this link. If it works,..it will take you directly there. Brian

Untitled Document
Thanks for the Healey link. My first car in the 1960's was a used Austin Healey 3000 roadster. I loved that car and still fifty years later find myself dreaming it, riding along with the wind in my hair and a big smile... then awaken to being an old fellow and knowing my Healey is long gone. Mine had the same wood and aluminum steering wheel, red with a silver racing stripe up the hood, black and red upholstery and a white tonneau cover. It had such beautiful lines...
SB

--

Aug 18, 2014
A quick glance at vrgt2003’s profile shows he hasn’t been here in a little over 4 years...

It is a nice bike though!

-Kirk
Yes, it is very clean and 'simple' bike.. not so clutter-ly..

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Reactions: indian22

Sanny Odulio

May 24, 2019
Hi Sanny,

Found his build link for the bike. He shows how he did it and the clutch is shown so you can pause it and count the teeth. He answers questions in the comments.
Hope this helps.

Steve.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjj3IHUsrPiAhWDnp4KHSJ1BVsQwqsBMAB6BAgIEAQ&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zk-QIZpVLI&usg=AOvVaw1KBEhQCeRRiTHaZCdPVUlE
Thank you for that info on the clutch, I found it to be10 tooth on the pic.
Still looking for the jet size if any.

Reactions: indian22