rear suspension #2

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Well, build's on hold. Friend has a old lawnmower he's fond of and would like to have it running again. A project and challenge, the shops all say scrap it of course.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Well...waiting on parts for the lawnmower...sooo..the seat forks handlebars ain't sync'ing gotta try different combo's. I think i'll run the small peanut. Said i never woyld butttt...

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
A thing about my bikes ..i have to have 10" rise handlebars.. or my hands go dumb...i mean numb..

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Wry 73rd dxghbfsxgyrefhn tgxdg fyhxr rhcsr fgvzr fyvxd thsfg gjkno fswett xdoi. Whatttt
WTF?!!

Nice work! The triple tree forks are killer, as is your signature motor mount. The rocker rear suspension is sublime( look that up). I agree with Curt. Choose your gas tank carefully. A peanut will get it up and running. I use them on lesser builds, but you have a build that so far that demands something else. Ponder it.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Yeah,tank under the top bar would be nice. I was gonna do a behind the seat, but the bracket would be way long. Peanut is out. I'm not gonna spend 30$. I would rather get a new little torch and make the double paint qt. tank. A fiberglass takes a big initial investment. Buttr I'd be nice to shape my own under the bar tank..um..gonna have to read that thread Curt. The mumble jumble above was my keys stick'n..... gotta change to blackwalls tomorrow prolly chage the look for the good.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Well..no room for carb....i thought I had it figer'd...unfrrickingbelieveable...my phone i use to take right size pics is trippin...have to learn to resize. The mm gotta go 2" forward..or put a plate over the mm plate with a 2" forward tip angle... Idn

Attachments

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Anyway it would be worth using a header, like and elbow. I use that on my Briggs and have room to the side. But check for other interference as in another location the fan shroud (ie Recoil cover) may not allow this without other modifications. My build I also added a custom part to have the carb bowl made level.

MT

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Nothing wrong with a tip, mrsfan does it all the time. Looks good to................Curt

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
You can gain a small amount of clearance by changing the shock to a cheapy spring type, then maybe there is clearance for a Z type manifold?

The stock updraft carb like on my build would probably fit but the angle wouldn't to good.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Yeah MT..I'm just disappointed I didnt see it. Wondering if a 6"or so manifold with elbows can work.. On the plus side i remembered this tank an that i gave up on it because i couldnt find cap.. then i thought all i have to do is solder a new filler and cap.. Zazaam.

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yes, actually the 6" will improve the low to mid rang, like cannonball said a Z or S shaped manifold.....................Curt

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Thx ccc..i gotta try that..i might have to ride bow legged..its like there is with me anyway..something ends up causing major..dang it issues..

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Hey cb2..i swaped out the shock.. didnt gain a worthwhile advantage. I also swapped the forks to my cheap springer.. took em off my low crusier..put on this build....then remembered why i dont bother with them.. No mountable Brakes!!

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
I got the g100 running properly. It was a air leak. I kept getting surgeing even after a swap to an nt carb...so i old school gasket shallacked the gasket and varooom. So im gonna see how it fits in place of the briggs.