Questions before purchasing my motor

GoldenMotor.com

mattyew

May 6, 2009
Ottawa
does anyone know any good places in Ottawa that will sell a motor kit?? I want to buy and install this week

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
wow,you want to cruise at 40mph/80kph on a bicycle? i hope you have a good bike.
helmet and full body suit would be nice.
my 48cc with 44t sprocket goes up to 32mph,but i cruise at 20-25mph
you can go up to 35-40+mph with a smaller rear sprocket(32-34t) or you could get a jack shaft kit which uses the bikes gears(but it cost a lot for the jack shaft option)

go with a 26" bike, a 48cc 2-stroke, 32or34t sprocket,performance muffler,upgrade sparkplug and wire,you might get 80kph with this setup.
and you can order online and get it delivered:
zoombicycles.com $109.95 free shipping

Last edited:

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
For cruising at 80kmh you're better off going with a motorcycle. The amount of time and money to achieve that and make it reasonably safe, a motorcycle would be about the same price if not cheaper.

No idea on a vendor.

Last edited:

mattyew

May 6, 2009
Ottawa
yeah i was mostly joking and curious about being faster than 70 - 80 km/h... but I am genuinely looking for a good 80 cc motor. I'm in Ottawa but I will ship if you guys know of a reliable, fast shipping, affordable kit outside of my city!

There are a lot of sites claiming to be larger than each other and better quality etc but how would I know...

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
heres a site: zoombicycles.com $109(48cc)$139(80) includes free shipping
At Zoombicycles, we specialize in importing 80cc and 50cc Motorized Bicycle Gas Conversion Kits into British Columbia, Canada. Our PowerKing Canadian branded moped bicycle kits are reliable and dependable. Replacement parts and accessories are carried in stock, so if you're looking to purchase just one unit, in bulk, or just parts, look no further!

Zoombicycles Motor Bicycle Gas Engine Kits 80cc and 50cc Engine Kits, Parts, Service and Support

Last edited:

mattyew

May 6, 2009
Ottawa
certain people claim their 350 dollar kit are that much because they are better quality... but is there a way to see where it was made/ how it was made etc etc.... there doesn't seem to be much evidence other than two 80 cc motors being different sizes...

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
no there almost the same,some come with better bolts and bearings but with the same engine.do you want to pay $180 more just for bolts and bearings?

you can compare what you get with the engine to other sites before buying.

some grubbees now have gen 2 3 4 or 5 are upgraded and worth more:
upgraded bolts ,bearings ,levers ,new nointake carb ,polished intake and exaust ports
new performance muffler with expansion chamber,smaller sprocket...

Last edited: