New biker here from San Jose

GoldenMotor.com

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Hi so I just ordered a micargi puma gts and flying horse 66cc black motor kit with manic hub. I'm still waiting to get my bike, fedex messed up and got my bike mixed with another package so I'm waiting for that to get sorted but so far I got my motor kit from bike berry and extra chain too. I will start a build thread when I get it. I can't wait should be allot of fun. I know I'll have to deal with making motor mounts but oh well. Any suggestions please feel free to let me know as I'm completely new to this. Thanks

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome to the clubhouse!!

Lots of good info and folks on this site. Best of luck in your build!!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'll join in with xseler and say welcome...

many knowledable and helpful people on here and an excellent way to find loads of information on just about anything you can possibly run into is the forum search feature.

Best wishes on the first build, looking forward to seeing it come together.

Map

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Love the enthusiasm! Welcome! We all look forward to your progress and wish you the best of luck. You have found the correct place to get advise and help when needed. You are now off on a journey full of fun and possibly some heartache. We'll be here to get you through. Above All be SAFE.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Thanks. I know I'll have issues but that's half the fun. I just can't wait for fedex to get this sorted out. Aww my first headache. This will be my first build that I'm gonna document. I've built other things but never a bike and I'm very excited to start it. I've been wanting a scooter like a honda ruckus but the wife said it would be too dangourous( my brother was involved in an accident on one, he's fine) so I'm getting a motorized bike instead. The more I looked into it the more I'm happy with the decision.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks. I know I'll have issues but that's half the fun. I just can't wait for fedex to get this sorted out. Aww my first headache. This will be my first build that I'm gonna document. I've built other things but never a bike and I'm very excited to start it. I've been wanting a scooter like a honda ruckus but the wife said it would be too dangourous( my brother was involved in an accident on one, he's fine) so I'm getting a motorized bike instead. The more I looked into it the more I'm happy with the decision.
oh yeah this will be an adventure for you, but it will be a fun one if you take your time, follow proven methods for doing things that can be found here on the forum that will help you avoid some mistakes that can be a real pain in the neck and a set back at times.

Biggest trouble some get i to is trying to reinvent the wheel and not being willing to listen to advice from those who have built several bikes with lo g term success and reliability, no one on here knows it all even though there are a few that may think they do....lol But there are many very experienced builders here that are very quick and willing to help out with solid proven advice related to the type of build someone is shooting for and that is the beauty of this forum, the moderators are very knowledgeable and strive to be fair in their judgements regarding conflicts etc....

You're in the right place for the best advice and best group of people concerning this great hobby, its your bike and many of us want to see you build it to be as safe and fun as possible and make it into what you want it to be so welcome to this huge wealth of knowledge.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to our community. You've made a good first step in joining a bunch of very knowledgable and friendly folks ready and willing to get you on the road with as few problems as possible.

If/when you need help, we're here. Our 'Search' is also a valuable tool that you might want to explore. Just type in a key word/s and you'll have pages of discussion on almost every subject related to motorized bicycles.

Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Thank you everyone for being do welcoming. I'll deffently ask if I have any questions(after using the search first of course). I'm very open to help and not afraid to ask anything I might need help with.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Welcome to the site
Maybe we will see each other riding around.
Good luck with your build

One recommendation is to get some kind of sprocket adapter other than the rag joint
r.ly.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Welcome to the site
Maybe we will see each other riding around.
Good luck with your build

One recommendation is to get some kind of sprocket adapter other than the rag joint
r.ly.
I got the manic hub adapter with 40t sprocket. I'll mainly be riding down montery road to go back and forth to work.