My first build, but will it fit?

GoldenMotor.com

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
welcome to the hobbie and to the forum:)

if you wanted it to go easy the cranbrook from walmart would have been a better choice but the motor "should" fit

also i would read the thread on the PK 80 before making a choice on it looking into these motors on this forum will save you money and headaches in the long run we are here to help with what ever problems arise though
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=43164

OblivionsKey

Oct 21, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks for the welcome JonnyR! I will probably return it for the Cranbrook to make it a sure fit. I am very open to suggestions on my first motor kit that are in the price range of the PK-80 and the Skyhawk 80 as well. I wouldn't want to get a broken motor right off the bat..

Last edited:

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i have a flying horse if you want a great kit thats a great kit its a little more but i think its worth the extra the things to look for in a kit are it having a NT carb not the CNS V3 with the blue air filter that ones hard to get working right unless you have the patience and know what you are doing with it.
also look for a kit with a 415 chain.the 410 chains from china break in no time they are made for a multi speed bike and dont have the strength to handle the motor

i have had alot of fun on my 2 smoker but am collecting parts for a 4 stroke project now

OblivionsKey

Oct 21, 2012
North Carolina
Good info, I was actually looking at the flying horse, but it is a bit more expensive and I wasn't sure if its worth it. Seems very nice, especially after reading that thread you showed me on the PK-80.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
it dosent have to be flying horse but kits with the parts like it
also the ubolt front mount is a great idea to order for any kit it makes install a breeze and if you end up with a large down tube its the only way to mount the motor without drilling into the frame which i wouldnt do they end up breaking if you do

OblivionsKey

Oct 21, 2012
North Carolina
Ahh ok, I'll look around for kits with those parts then. And the U-bolt sounds very nice too. I'm glad someone is helping me with all this haha it's a bit complicated :)

OblivionsKey

Oct 21, 2012
North Carolina
Just ordered my kit, 80cc silver Flying Horse :D
I can't wait to get started putting it together when it gets here. Gonna return the la jolla for a cranbrook tomorrow too.

EDIT: The U bolt wasnt a option but will I need it for the cranbrook? I hope not.

Last edited: