They really make Top Tubes?

GoldenMotor.com

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY
I was so excited that I found this bar. Ok you guys may have heard of them but not me. I wanted something to go across the front so I can put my saddle bag there. Its a good find for me. I want to have some stealth so I need to hide the engine a bit. Not full coverage but enough that it doesn't stand out. This isn't my bike, I got the pic off Amazon.

I wonder if I can paint it?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Re: They really make these?

You should be able to paint it with a little cleaning (mild solvent like alcohol) and if it is satin, or flat paint, you shouldn't even need a primer.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Re: They really make these?

OK. Got it. I was wondering where you were going to mount the motor until you said the bike in the pic is not your bike. That bar can be handy on step thru (girls) frames too.

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY
I didn't see that part and at 1st I was worried if I could put anything on it. After watching the video from Amazon and seeing the weight of the bike goes on the bike carrier I see I can use it to hold a light saddle bag,since I plan to use it to hide the engine and not really carry anything in it. Except maybe some tools for the bike.

Last edited: