GoldenMotor.com

lilhudi

Aug 7, 2008
thats about it

for some reason i wanted to take the top of the engine

i did so carefully
i opened it up and cheacked it out

i read the manuel and it told me 12-15 foot pounds of tork

i gently started to tighten it and the nuts just kept turning so i took it of and all 4 of the bolts are smothed out

help

lilhudi

Aug 7, 2008
o and i hope the guy with the moto of
if it aint broken "mess with long enough it will be"

this is a perfect example

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
are the tops of the head bolts stripped ir is the head bolts spinning in the head? if its just the top threads that are stripped, just unscrew the long bolts and replace them with good quality bolts or allthread from the hardware store. also get new nuts for the top. The head bolts and studs in the motors are as week as plastic i swear...lol

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
you can find new studs at ACE hardware, maybe...I had the same problem last month, and I couldn't find the studs anywhere...i ended up buying a 1 meter length all thread and then using my hacksaw to cut the right length. I was able to make 4 pieces and still have extra left over. the 1 meter rod cost me $2 at Fastenal

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
it will not fall apart. just do one at a time......like...take one out, then replace it...then take out one more then replace it. dont take them all out at once.

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
It's a good idea to use a JAMB nut when screwing the new studs in. This way the go all the way down and seat. I left the jamb nuts on once they were all tight just for extra hold. Just my 2 cents.:crash:

Attachments