How old?

GoldenMotor.com

KAA

May 15, 2010
Arkansas
Just wondering how old most of the people are thats into this madness? I'm 57 and looking at my first build.brnot

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I'm 43, but this isn't the first time I've bolted an engine onto something. Just the first time I built a "Motorized Bicycle". When I was a kid I had a hand made go cart with a lawn mower engine that I kept transferring to other things or a newer better go cart. I grew up, into my teens, putting one kind of motor into another kind of thing, or putting a motor on something that didn't originally have one, or putting a motor where it didn't belong and finding out why, or building a motor, or you name it.

Tom Bartlett

Jul 13, 2008
North Alabama
72 and working on 15. Like Dan, I'm growing younger (at least in interest) each year and still having fun in retirement. Like many others, I got started in my teens when my brothers and I re-built motorscooters and motorbikes for basic transportation. The thrill of riding a powered bike or scooter that you had assembled yourself was unmatched, and still is a blast.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I'll be 65 this year.

When I get old, I'll build a tricked-out motorized trike.xct2

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I ain't sayin but I can remember how excited I was when we got a telephone that you could dial instead of having to tell the operator what number you wanted.

KAA

May 15, 2010
Arkansas
Thanks for the replys. Sorry Barelyawake, I could not find anything on here that had been posted about age. But I'm not good at this computer search thing. I've reworked alot of bikes when I was younger. But not with a motor. Did the motorcycle thing,go karts, cars, but wanting to do something different. Would like to build a 4 stroker board tracker to ride to work. Really seen some awesome work on here.

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
68 next month. I built my first bike in '57 and the 2nd one a year later. I plan on this one I'm doing on a Felt frame to be my next to last one. I want to use Helmutt's cruiser on my last one.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
21, built mine few months before i turned 21. hoping to keep this one for a long time. even looking into building a chopper bike (debating 2 or 4 stroke right now)

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
57 I-sure-don't-want-to fall-again- years old.

I was watching the re-run of the Giro d'Italia stage where that Belgian rider crashed and died this week- and I noticed that American peter Stetina also fell on the descent about the same time-

I think his father is Wayne Stetina- a racing friend of mine from Indianapolis who won many Road titles back in the '70's. i started getting beat by him regularly when I was 18.

Crashes are nothing to take lightly- a helmet has literally saved my own life I'm certain, when I crashed into the front of a Chevy head on while traveling about 60.

Our bikes travel at a speed cabable of sustaining really bad head or spinal injuries-
so please, where a cycling helmet at least.