what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

LOL Dagster, ayup, that were funny. Gonna post "redneck engineer in snork thread.

Har Steve, that would make an awesome thread. Ya gotta start it. In our world, bet there are some great stories!
( I sailed with a academy graduate engineer. He had a special tool box. Held some odd bits of metal, bailing wire and duct tape.)

LOL, "If ya can't be handsome, at least be handy"

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Just noticed my master link clip failed! Was on my way out for a ride.
##%^^#*!

Never mind. Had a spare.

handyjim

Mar 10, 2011
chicago

orederd my worksman wheels ft hub brake a rear coaster 2 week wateing list there out of wheels so cleaning bike getting her ready

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

orederd my worksman wheels ft hub brake a rear coaster 2 week wateing list there out of wheels so cleaning bike getting her ready
Still a wait? When I called last month for a new front rim and coaster brake hub they said 3 weeks to get the new stock in... Seems they were contracting out the building of wheels to another company that closed and actually sold Worksmans' machinery they had on loan to them by what the rep I spoke to divulged. Looks like I will not get my new front wheel this month either. They really need to get something worked out soon.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Hey all, so I dragged out my cruiser and went for a spin, she fired right up even though I forgot gas stabil... went for a nice 20c cruise. Once new gas is in her she'll break in niice.

sry I haven't been around, I'm better now, whiskey helps, heh heh.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

I swear, this has been the coldest April I can remember...and wet, too. Not fun to ride in 48 degree weather :(

Long range forcasts show improvement ahead for May, though. I sure hope so, it's riding season.xx.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Hey all, so I dragged out my cruiser and went for a spin, she fired right up even though I forgot gas stabil... went for a nice 20c cruise. Once new gas is in her she'll break in niice.

sry I haven't been around, I'm better now, whiskey helps, heh heh.
Welcome Back Killer!!!

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona

Started riding to wrk again today and it was great. I think I like riding to wrk way better then driving. It is more peaceful except for having to watch out for the 3000+ lbs bike killing machines. other then that just waiting for the Gt Lts frame to arrive to start building it gonna order the motor soon Either a starfire pk80 or skyhawk gtb cnt decide tho.

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

imma still riding:) have made a few changes in the last week. put sum JB stik on the chain pulley to stablized it more and to fix a small dent in the frame. had thought about switch the whole kit to anuther frame but changed my mind after doing several measurements. the motor would fit BUT would have to remove the breather for it to that aint gonna happen lol so imma either sell or trade it sumtime this week and just keep it on the ol' huffy framebrnot

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

rode her around, sealed some leaks. (had to swap my NT carb over since the speed carb was leaking from somewhere)

can't wait for that expansion pipe to get here.

also have jaguar's CDI on the way too

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

I started on a ride when the motor started chugging, bucking and backfireing :( Good fuel flow... could I have sheared the woodruf key?

Now I'm bummed:-||

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

Darnit CCC that adapter from Pat looks sweet... Cant wait to get one for myself and do some head to head comparisons with the Manic Mechanic sprocket adapter for balance and slippage and write a review....

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

well today...was checking exhaust gasket and tightened up the bolts and noticed 1 had sort of..stripped. think i got it re-threaded with a screw the next thread size up for now til i git sum new 1s for it..hopefully tommrow..kinda watching the weather now..might be sum wild storms rolling thru

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

I started on a ride when the motor started chugging, bucking and backfireing :( Good fuel flow... could I have sheared the woodruf key?

Now I'm bummed:-||
Bad fuel, wiring issue, fouled/ failed spark plug, spark plug wire, crap in the carburetor clogging up the fuel jet.
If you are not running an HT engine, then yes, a sheared woodruff key on the flywheel could cause what you are experiencing. If you are running an HT engine, I highly doubt that you sheared the woodruff key on the mag rotor. That said, some folks have found that the key was never installed by the factory or that it was at least placed on the shaft but pushed out upon installation of the rotor and found it magnetically stuck to the back of the rotor. Either condition can let the rotor rotate on the shaft and throw off the ignition timing.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca

Well the other day I posted the wheel and sprocket I had put together for a replacement on one of my bikes. My son has been riding the crap out of this bike with a bent wheel and loose chain. Today the chain came off and the nice big fat copper two ton air filter broke off and was no where to be found.

So now the bike has the new rear wheel and a new carb installed, it sure runs good and fast.

The kid needs to go to trade school or build his own bike…

After taking the old wheel off and removing the MM adapter the pictures show that it may have been moving…good reason why I was breaking spokes.

Good reason for the Sportsman adapter....

Attachments