4 stroker 4 me

GoldenMotor.com

calstatechico

Apr 19, 2011
CA
Hey bikers, cool site here. I used to have a motorized bike a few years ago. I would like to get an up graded one next. Looking for 4 stroke engine and a front shock. Any recommendations?auflg

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forum calstatechico, you've come to the right place (^) I'm all about 4-strokes these days and can recommend the Honda gxh 50cc or it's clone the Huasheng 49cc. Another nice little 4-stroke is the Harbor Freight 79cc and it's rather affordable price tag. I've had good luck with these couple of engines and there are more out there that are worthy as well.

As for a front suspension fork, most decent Mt. Bike forks work well, just be sure to get the correct size steerer tube for the frame you are going to use.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there's plenty who can help you here.

dnut

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Actual production type, only Whizzer comes too mind. Many people and small businesses are building bikes for people who don't want to build, but would like to own one. Grubee has two different bikes that are made specifically for motorizing....if you can find them. Grubee Inc.

URL=http://img828.imageshack.us/i/129kg.jpg/]
[/URL]

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
It's like PCs that way, selecting each component and building them can be very rewarding. Having a machine you built and tuned the way you want it is bliss for us technos.

Unfortunately, not everyone is mechanically or technically inclined, and the prebuild market has enough demand to warrant competition. Any 4-stroke with a Max-Torque clutch is a very ideal first bike, IMHO.