This is pretty funny

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I posted a picture of my motor bicycle on a motorcycle forum that will remain unnamed. Lets just say it's populated by a bunch of big bike riders, some of whom totally got their panties in a wad and started a small riot. Even though I posted in the off topic forum these guys seemed to feel my bike was a threat to their manhood. The poor moderator had to step into the middle of the fire and start taking hits when he informed them I had as much right to be there as them, especially considering I own a Road Kind, and 2 Sportster's. I ended up telling the moderator to just delete my post LOL.

Then a couple weeks ago when I rode my MB to Strokers, a nationally known biker bar that I frequent, when I hopped off my bike everyone was looking at my like WTF is that. I looked back at them and said,

I'm not trying to overcompensate for anything. Everyone was kind of quite. I think I know why now LOL.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
lol that is great i can just imagine a bunch of wiley bikers looking over not knowing how to react like wait what did i just see ? did that guy really pull up on a bikcycle ? or i wanna say thats cool but i dont know if i should ?

that is just great i hope you had like the perfect face on when you did this like its a normal motorcycle

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Those that got their dander up over a motorized bicycle obv don't know their own bike's history very well heh

1901 - William S. Harley, age 21, completes a blueprint drawing of an engine designed to fit into a bicycle: Timeline - 1900's | Harley-Davidson USA

but as they're prone to sayin', "If I had to explain, ya wouldn't understand" lol

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
That's funny. My immediate 'neighborhood' is mostly summer people as I live by a lake. For years they have seen me on a motorbike tooling along the local roads, first with an old Schwinn with a little Bikebug friction drive motor. Then a China girl on some kinda cool early sixties Schwinns. This past summer my ride was a Worksman looking much like an early motorcycle and with a canoe sidecar. That has gotten some looks and thumbs up even from some of the local snobs who come from out of state with their big boats and big cars or SUVs and bit egos to match. This fall it was a very cool 4 stroke 50 Schwinn Motorbike and now a 51 Schwinn Greyhound with a honker of a motor on it, about as opposite to a bikebug as will still fit. Now I'm getting move obviously admiring looks, thumbs up, waves, as if the community has finally stopped looking at me as the resident geezer oddball, but more as an aging aritsan who makes very cool rides. Some of the looks are with some envy, it seems to me. In part it is for the bike, but another I think is wishing they had the balls to take a risk, do something different, have fun, be twelve, don't worry over your 'manhood' and what anybody else thinks. I have a neighbor friend who is friends with an old fellow who is a former ore boat captain on Lake Superior, bit belly, big voice, big ego, knows everything and is always right. You may know him. And I know he does not like American Indians, who should go back to their own country except we're already here or should I say there with no place to go back to. Anyway, this guy looks down his nose at me on my 'bicycles with little motor'. Why don't I get a real bike? Har har har. Anyway, this guy who is in his seventies bought himself a sorta Harley, has the Harley look, but is a Kawasaki or Honda, something else. He bought it new and had it delivered. He had never ridden a motorcycle of any kind and had to have the biggest, most manly he could afford. His first ride lasted about fifteen feet and ended in his calling my neighbor to come help him get it upright. Once he got it actually down the road and came to his local little town he came to a stop at a light and just stopped, failing to put his feet down on the ground. Oops. He of course has the full Harely Davidson leathers uniform in requisite black. Do rag, everything. Oh yeah, he's bad. Watch out, dude, I'm a biker and this here's ma hog! I kick ass so stand back! It's like a cartoon and I think kind of sad. He has spent what would be a small fortune in my world of poverty and has something which now sits, scratched up some from the falls, unridden and what must be a terrible blow to his ego and a symbol of failure. When he's visiting my neighbor and I come riding up with the dog in her trailer behind it is like I am an insult of some kind because I'm riding and having fun and don't care what he thinks. I think beneath all the bluster is a fearful, insecure boy who really would like to putt down the road with the wind in his face, just like old Silverbear. I wish he would. I'd even help him put a bike together more appropriate for an old fellow. What goofy ideas we have in this society.
SB

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Beat me 2 it BA! A point beach painted black looks almost identical to the 1903 Harley-Davidson.

Bummer Bike nut. About the silly internet stuff.

I always find bikers, one percent-ers an' all are great fun to talk with. I always invite them to take a ride on mine. Not one has so far but they are very often huge guys and think, they think it will collapse under them.

Some times I think (never a good thing) that we as a group walk into bike shops or biker bars with a slight expectation of being dismissed or disrespected. A seed of thought and inferiority sort of thing. I should say I some times do just that. But most every guy and an astounding percentage of woman dreamed of and or tried to put an engine on a bicycle and even if only in secret, are cheering ya on.

dnut

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Those that got their dander up over a motorized bicycle obv don't know their own bike's history very well heh

1901 - William S. Harley, age 21, completes a blueprint drawing of an engine designed to fit into a bicycle: Timeline - 1900's | Harley-Davidson USA

but as they're prone to sayin', "If I had to explain, ya wouldn't understand" lol
Yeah, I'm sure they'd be suprised to know the first Harleys were single cylinder and had peddles.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Beat me 2 it BA! A point beach painted black looks almost identical to the 1903 Harley-Davidson.

Bummer Bike nut. About the silly internet stuff.

I always find bikers, one percent-ers an' all are great fun to talk with. I always invite them to take a ride on mine. Not one has so far but they are very often huge guys and think, they think it will collapse under them.

Some times I think (never a good thing) that we as a group walk into bike shops or biker bars with a slight expectation of being dismissed or disrespected. A seed of thought and inferiority sort of thing. I should say I some times do just that. But most every guy and an astounding percentage of woman dreamed of and or tried to put an engine on a bicycle and even if only in secret, are cheering ya on.

dnut
In person I find everyone likes my bike. At Strokers they all loved it, and we had a good time getting drunk and talking about how after Obama we'll all be riding them. Something about a computer keyboard though seems to make some people grow a huge set nads, their chest gets covered with hair, their opinion becomes faultless and self righteous. MMA stars cower in their presence LOL.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Something about a computer keyboard though seems to make some people grow a huge set nads, their chest gets covered with hair, their opinion becomes faultless and self righteous. MMA stars cower in their presence LOL.
The men can get pretty mean too.

lol