Hello from good ol' orlando florida

GoldenMotor.com

Florida_Boy

Sep 24, 2009
Orlando
New to bicycles with motors but not bikes or motors, need some help if there's anybody experianced around here that can help me, I bought a bike off a guy, he had broke it in on 20:1 and ran it a couple miles at 32:1 after break in, got bored, So I bought it, everything looked good test ride was great got home, Needs work, the carb was gummed up, so i stripped it and cleaned it, the frame appears to be a little big for the mounts and the opening is a little tight (possible transplant later) other than that, tightened up all the bolts and re-tourqed the head, changed the stock china plug for a ngk bmp6r leaned it out all the way, still rich, (I now know needs be re-jetted) But the tensioner was hittin the spoke, didnt seem right to much play, so I shimmed a spacer to take the play out, straightened it up and then on my next ride, **** the chain, twisted off into 3 pieces wraped around the hub between the sprocket and spokes, so now I need a new chain and tensioner, and a smaller jet, cus i dont have the tools to solder and re-drill the stock one, so where is the best place to get parts? Anybody local who is willing to help a noob? .weld :-|| .spr. .kick2

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
New to bicycles with motors but not bikes or motors, need some help if there's anybody experianced around here that can help me, I bought a bike off a guy, he had broke it in on 20:1 and ran it a couple miles at 32:1 after break in, got bored, So I bought it, everything looked good test ride was great got home, Needs work, the carb was gummed up, so i stripped it and cleaned it, the frame appears to be a little big for the mounts and the opening is a little tight (possible transplant later) other than that, tightened up all the bolts and re-tourqed the head, changed the stock china plug for a ngk bmp6r leaned it out all the way, still rich, (I now know needs be re-jetted) But the tensioner was hittin the spoke, didnt seem right to much play, so I shimmed a spacer to take the play out, straightened it up and then on my next ride, **** the chain, twisted off into 3 pieces wraped around the hub between the sprocket and spokes, so now I need a new chain and tensioner, and a smaller jet, cus i dont have the tools to solder and re-drill the stock one, so where is the best place to get parts? Anybody local who is willing to help a noob? .weld :-|| .spr. .kick2

Welcome to the forum .....is it possible to post some snaps of your build so I and others might get a better understanding ?....some of the issues you are facing seem to have pretty straightforward solutions to them....so if you can add some snaps I'm sure some of us could help....

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Magnarider66

Aug 1, 2009
Florida
hey Florida_boy i could possibly help you out.Im only 15 but i have already built two of these bikes and am about to go on my third for my freind i have olot of experience from tightening a bolt to rebuilding the motor.so let me know i am happy to help