Gallon fuel tank

GoldenMotor.com

Road82

May 1, 2009
Portland, Oregon
I never did like the tear drop tank sitting on the frame so i modificated it. Instead of a 1/2 gallon tank its now a gallon tank sitting in a wooden basket in the back. There is room for 2 - one gallon tanks actually.

It's not really gravity fed, but siphon fed. The siphon has never failed, even on hills. I put the tank inside a pillow blanket when im riding so the orange can doesn't show. If there were someway to make the engine invisible i would do that too! I don't like the attention so much.

The fuel line runs down into the tank. I found a bleeder valve at a hobby store and screwed it into the plastic tank so the siphon works properly. Here are some pics.

~Aaron

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
David, I Bought A Complete Cg And Bike For 50 Usd Last Month. I Was In A Hurry On The Way To Look At The 28 Ft Pontoon I Bought. I Did Not Look It Over Very Good. I Have Been Planning On Sending You Some Pics. A Real Pos. Lol. I Have Not Even Tried To Start It. Later Ron

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Different an yet ghetto.trk I was going to put a 1 gallon or two 1/2 gallons on the back of a rear rack but i haven't decided yet

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Ps, Thats What I Wanted To Post. The Pos Mab Has A Gallon Or More Tank On The Rear Rack. I May Have A Pic I Can Dn Size. Ron PS I FORGOT TO TELL YOU IT WAS ALL CHROME. LOL

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Ps, Thats What I Wanted To Post. The Pos Mab Has A Gallon Or More Tank On The Rear Rack. I May Have A Pic I Can Dn Size. Ron PS I FORGOT TO TELL YOU IT WAS ALL CHROME. LOL
Hey Captain Ron, that looks just like the tank on my J-Dog. Mine is a 1 1/2 tank, I finally drained it and refilled it the other day. Mine came off a old generator I think.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Fair31, I Did Not Even Notice There Was No Muffler. The Frame Is All Black From The Exhaust. Must Have Been Loud. Motor Is Real Loose. Most Of The Brackets On The Rear Rack Are Broke. It Should Be Ready For Opti-2!! I Like Big Tanks, Even If I Don`t Get Out Of Site. At Least The Option Is There. Ron