Where To Order A Chain Tensioner

GoldenMotor.com

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Today I filled up my gas tank a little too much and brought a rag along because gas was spilling out of the top. I jammed the rag between my tank and handle bars and it fell off and got on my chain and into the sprocket on the motor. I had to walk my bike home holding the back wheel up, good thing I was only about 2 miles from home.

It only took me about 2 hours to dig out the rag from behind the sprocket, I loosened up my chain tensioner which was giving me no problems at all and when I went to tighten it back up I did something wrong and now the thing won't tighten up at all. The nut is stuck on there I can't move it in any farther and I can't get it off. I had to flip it upside and hit it with a rubber mallet to get it off my bike.

I've been to all the sites advertised on this site and can only find the wheel for sale, I need the whole thing not just the wheel. I found one site selling one but it doesn't look like the one that came with my kit and it looks like you can't move the wheel up or down at all.

Anyone know where to get the ones that come with the kit or something I can pick up locally without having to weld or heat up any metal and bend it?

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I sell them for $20... (& they're the good ones with bearings)
VENICE BOY,I have been to your site before and you have given me some good advice in the past and would like to buy from you but all you have on your site is pitures of bikes....Update your site and put a parts list on there and engine kits so we will have some of idea of what you have and what your prices are....I have looked at the Felt MP cruiser a few months at a local bike shop and fell in love with it and thought about buying one and putting a kit on it(definately looks like a old WW2 ride)....I Took the picture from you site and set it as my desktop background....I have always bought my kits and parts from duane at thatsdax(he has the best prices around that I can find on the net),would like to see your prices as well....Thanks again for the help in the past....
John-John.wee.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
This may sound like a dumb question but you are holding the bolt on the other side of the roller wheel with a wrench when you try to tighten the nut right?

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
This may sound like a dumb question but you are holding the bolt on the other side of the roller wheel with a wrench when you try to tighten the nut right?
The nut got stripped or something, it wouldn't tighten up or loosen. I had to drill the bolt out.