Strange issue

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
he is saying it is turning over when he is pedaling "rear tire spinning" so is the motor and when he disengages the clutch " puls it in " it stops .. this is because because it isn't even running yet!!

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
ok let me re phrase that
Unthread (take out) the spark plug!!
..put the black boot back on the plug as if it were still in the motor " making sure no spilled gas anyplace near plug end"
rest spark plugs threaded end on something metal like the head it goes into & then lift the rear of the bike and spin tire with the clutch lever being the out position see if there is spark.

Last edited:

tomcfitz

Aug 27, 2012
Clemson, SC
Definitely getting spark. Definitely getting fuel, as when I throttle up (while pedaling) the revs increase. But still, as soon as I disengage the clutch, the engine dies as if it was never running.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Did you see the spark or are you assuming? Any motor will turn over even with out the plug in it while engaged to the rear wheel. and when you give it gas the sound will change. Is the choke lever pushed down or is it up?

I sold this kid a bike a month later he calls me up ...he told me it was running & idling fine but just wouldn't rev up when he turned the throttle so I brought him over him a new throttle cable ...come to find out it wasn't even starting at allg when he pedaled around he thought it was running as he put it " the motor made the sound as if it was running" but it wasn't firing up he had me so confused Come to find out he fried he magneto

Thats why I ask are you sure your getting spark you need to physically see it.. If your getting spark and fuel then my guess would be the choke is on

Last edited:

tomcfitz

Aug 27, 2012
Clemson, SC
I physically saw the spark. And the choke isn't making a difference, I'm not THAT new to this, Haha.(I've tried with the choke on and off)

tomcfitz

Aug 27, 2012
Clemson, SC
I replaced the air filter assembly with another one I had laying around, and the choke is doing its thing as it should.

How do I adjust the float? What should I be looking for?