New Kid From Western Mass.

GoldenMotor.com

CranbrookKid

Jul 14, 2013
Western MA
Hi guys, I'm a new member here but I've been using this forum for a while. I'm also only fifteen but it's never too early to get addicted to motor bikes hehe. I've always wanted to build an motorized bicycle but never had enough dough. Finally this year though, after selling my beloved Bladez gas scooter (neighbor hated that thing and swore at me every chance he got, super loud, custom fatty pipe, no muffler), a pocketbike and a few miscellaneous other things, I bought a Cranbrook ($101) and a motor kit off ebay ($143). The original plan was to put the motor on a Schwinn Sidewinder but the chain didn't clear the frame so that idea went. Cruisers are seemingly built for these kits and the motor went in perfectly. Since the motor fits low in the frame, the bike is very stable. Only problem I had was the clutch cable which was my mistake because I frayed it and ruined the whole cable. No problem though as I got a slick brake cable from Dick's ($4) and it worked a charm. To solve the dust cap prob. I used a valve cover grommet from autozone (around $5) and cut the top off of it to use instead. I wish I had taken a pic of that. Note the custom flashlight mount and painted semi gloss black clutch and magneto cover. I apologize for the slightly blurry pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

CranbrookKid

Jul 14, 2013
Western MA
Did you have problems becasue of the rear brake on the cranbrook? or was yours a front brake?
I had some issues with the coaster brake because of the dust cap so I cut the top off a valve cover grommet and used that instead.