what is my bike worth

GoldenMotor.com

spiffy-fish

Jan 25, 2013
florida
when i bought my motor kit it was for me to use until i get my car. well i found a really good deal on the car i want.

i got new double wall disk brake and v brake rims. ( i think they are sealed but not sure)

disk brake mounted 48 tooth sprocket

new rear rack

baffle fell off and no longer have it

2.25 front tire

2.0 rear heavy duty tire and tube

please estimate how much it is worth

thanks

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I might take the $400. Unfortunately our bikes usually aren't worth in the public market market what they are to we of this forum.
You have a nice build- the custom things make it better than the run of the mill build- but most of the public doesn't appreciate that fact.

It's why I haven't built any bikes to sell (besides being old and arthritric). They are hard to clear a profit on- that may change some if transportation gets any more tight or expensive.

But it helps to be here in Florida I think- the bikes are more viable more of the year- Mine have been very practical gas savers, and savers of miles on the car. Ido quite a lot of my shopping and transport with my bikes.

Be patient if you can- but i don't think $400 is too bad- I see builds here on Craigslist in Jacksonville occassionally for $150- $200- though most are probably $300 or $350- some more, and not sure how fast they sell.

good luck with it.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
If it had nice fenders, I'd be thinking to put it on CL for 595 and prob not take less than 500

spiffy-fish

Jan 25, 2013
florida
i have the fenders that came with the bike. one mount on the front fender broke and the rear fender hit the chain from the motor

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sounds good, with fenders you can usually sell to folks that do not usually ride and have money