super stealth bike

GoldenMotor.com

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
anyone know of any painting or component geometry techniques to make the motor disappear?
Here are my initial thoughts:
flat black paint on clutch cover sprocket cover mag cover.
no crazy big air filter.
muffled clutch gears
discrete gas tank

flat black seems to make the bike considerably less conspicuous, but im looking for a full on incognito.

When i was first thinking about this i was thinking if i could make the engine look like a sports bottle or an air pump.

zebras can blend into their surroundings, so surely there is some paint scheme or trick that can make the motor more difficult to see/hear. I'll keep on google research to see what i find but if anyone has done a very stealthy build please share.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Paint your bike like a zebra?
JK!
Really, the best stealth bike I have seen is BarelyAWake's suggestion: Paul's mountain Pie.
It is really hard to hide a gasoline engine in an open frame bicycle. Some folks have tried tin boxes, milk crates, paniers (saddle bags), home made fairings similar to modern sport motorcycles, but you just can't hide the exhaust noise.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
My answer to the problem is to pass the observer so fast he has no clue what just blew by him...tucked and wfo, I'm pretty hard to identify.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
no one knows this is a motorized bicycle till i tell them. i have been asked why such a big thermos lol. if you want stealth this is the way to go. very quite and hard to tell its motorized unless you catch me not pedaling.