New for green

GoldenMotor.com

powerjc

Aug 22, 2008
Hi to all,

I just now got into this site through dax and wow what a project! i'm excited to start this one. also i'm looking for motors that would be comparable to the 70cc or even a 50cc that would fit the bill to replace the gas motor eventually. any suggestions? could the gas motor take E85 or have to be converted?

dan283

Aug 24, 2008
Michigan
At 104mpg highway 82 city (my bike) you don't really need to worry about cost of gas. It will probably work on E85 don't quote me though.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. If you run e85 in your motorized bicycle you'll probably need a bigger main jet. So your fuel mileage will go down. Plus the energy used to make ethanol you are really not gaining a thing environmentally. So just use the cheap low octane stuff and have fun. Glad you joined us........................

powerjc

Aug 22, 2008
thanx for the info...i'm also looking for an electric motor i can use for another project similar to this one...any suggestions on where to look?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If its a lightweight pull you need the scooter motors will give you a little pedal assist anything bigger I don't know about.. they say the hub motors are the cat's meow but I have no experience with them.

powerjc

Aug 22, 2008
ok great! thank you deacon for the info. i did find some electric kits on ebay for (too much $$) bicycles. if i were to get one of those and if you do the math with about $250 per month in gas it would pay for itself in about,,,oh...maybe 3 years or less...yikes. i'm also looking into old or wrecked scooters in 'yards as well as starting to design an aluminum frame 4-wheel scooter. that will have two motors either one in front and one in rear or two in the rear