Aldyno Cruiser Upgrade

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The Aldyno Bike has been running awesome. The bike has great low end torque and unbelievable top end. I have a monarch front fork from Felt that is top notch but not happy how the disk brake setup was mounted. The rotor rubs on one of the fork tubes and it’s just not right or safe. I have been eyeballing a fork at my local bike shop and decided to buy myself a birthday present. I just installed the fork and must say it is super nice. It is air adjustable and has dampening adjustments to tune to my style of riding.

The end result is a very nice ride and a solid mount for the disk setup.

Note: the best BRAKE setup for the Felt Monarch Forks is the Sturmey Archer X-FD Front Drum Hub and it looks hot!!!

CCC

Attachments

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
It does look good !

Down below a question,
Could a flat washer or two spacing on the axle have corrected the rotor and caliper alignment situation?I'm just asking ,I know you like the new fork

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Those Zokes look great on there Jeff, especially with the legs being white and all. All bet it handles that much better as well, they really suit the bike, maybe even more so than the linkers. Very nice!dnut

Sharksfan

Nov 28, 2009
San Jose, CA.
Very cool build. I like both forks but I do have to wonder the same thing Corgi1 suggested, would a couple of washers fix that rubbing problem? I would hate to think you spent all that dough and the brakes did not line up properly.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I did think about the washer, the real problem was the bracket I welded to the fork was flexing during braking and started to show cracks in the weld. I just could not risk the end result if it let loose. The fork is very high quality and stiff…to do the washer was questionable. The bottom line is the fork had the bracket for the caliper removed; if I do use this on a MB it will have a drum brake…just to be safe.
BTW…the new fork is real fun…it sure takes some hits and the cornering is awesome….