GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are some more pic's

SANY0130.jpg

SANY0134.jpg

What you are looking at is hand made custom exhaust the last pic is a pic of Tanner with the engine in for mocking up the custom exhaust

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you Dan, Gear Nut, Goat Hearder with the custom exhaust it is really going to add to the look and sound of Tanner I can't wait to hear it and the pipe I am using is huge as big as I could make it so there will be performance increases

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Well here is the rest of the exhaust pipe was about 12 hours of fabricating and welding and it turned so well I will let you be the judge here are the pic's

SANY0136.jpg

SANY0137.jpg

SANY0139.jpg

SANY0141.jpg

SANY0143.jpg

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are the rest of the pics
SANY0144.jpg

Now I have to clear coat and sand the engine side cover and clear coat a few other parts. Paint the exhaust install a few clamps plus a few other minor things and tanner will be done. I think this week for sure and then I will do some videos
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man Terry, purty work! You really do have a great eye for this.

Don't want to ramble on your thread but wanted to ask, if ya get a chance, could you offer your expertise on this thread? http://motorbicycling.com/f36/welder-25137.html

Teaching my self to weld. Is going great but am a complete novice.

Excerpt from thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by civlized
Poor bicycles, Dan is getting a welder! lol!

And later in that thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Dan
You welded WHAT to WHAT??LOL,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan

I did try to twist it with gloved hands, nothing more and it held. Will beat it off with a hammer today"

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Dan
I have a suggestion that you go to a welding sales place and try some demo welders. There are many I use a tig torch I highly recommend the tig so try one. MIG are great too then after you have picked your welder take a few welding courses. Or better still take a few welding courses then pick your welder.
Cheers
Terry

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanks Buddy! I already bought the MIG (from NT) Man is it cool. Can do so much.
Wish I had asked you before. Is great advise. LOL, and I still went OT and rambled on your thread.
But as always, thanks Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
My Pleasure Dan
I hope the trans is working well for you, let me know. Here are the latest pics I have clear coated all the parts and the new exhaust has a coat of high temp satin black paint

SANY0147.jpg

SANY0148.jpg

SANY0149.jpg

SANY0150.jpg

SANY0151.jpg

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi All
Well Tanner is completely assembled I fired Him up tonight and broke the clutch bell instantly so now I am going to have to wait for parts AGAIN. But I have some really great pics of Tanner all together. Tanner is one sick looking 1903 :)

SANY0153.jpg

SANY0154.jpg

SANY0155.jpg

SANY0156.jpg

The next time you see Tanner is when He is in action I will do some videos with Tanner
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
OK Every One
I had to do a big switch over with Tanner and here is why. I sold Tanners original 4G Engine Kit as I had a walk in customer he did not want to wait for a kit to show up. So I switched it up a little I had a 5/8 shaft Huasheng 142F-cc engine I acquired so I thought why not try the 5/8 shaft 4G so I went ahead and got one. I installed the whole thing and then I fired it up for the first time and what do you know the darn thing broke the clutch bell instantly. I called up my supplier to get a new clutch bell and to my dismay they have no clutch bells plus they are sold out of all the engine kits. So I am stuck but not really because I have in stock one EZ Qmatic so I had to do a last minute switcheroo. And now Tanner is sporting a Qmatic but now the performance is way off so I am going to have to put a 75 tooth sprocket on the rear plus this will boost the price of Tanner as well. I took Tanner for its first shake down run and the custom exhaust sounds so good I am very pleased with the end results for the complete exhaust. Tanner is the smoothest bike I have done so far the springer front end makes it ride like a dream but is a little crazy in the sharp corners. I am pleased with the bike as a whole but the performance is off. A 75 tooth rear sprocket will fix that so here are a few pics of Tanner with the now Qmatic power plant.

SANY0157.jpg

SANY0158.jpg

SANY0159.jpg

SANY0160.jpg

SANY0161.jpg

Oh and just in case you are wondering what that red rag is on the back of tanner it is a temp fuel bottle because the top tube tank is not quite dry. I will do some video so you can all hear the exhaust note. One last thing those are snow flakes you are seeing in the pictures.
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you Gear Nut
These are not the final pictures I promise they will be nice pictures. In the ones you are looking at the fuel tank is not connected yet and I have clear fuel line and a glass fuel filter it should look really good. I have given Tanner special custom exhaust and now a EZ power plant these things will drive up the price of the bike but who ever ends up with tanner is getting a first class bike. Lastly I am going to do some video of Tanner and you should be able to hear the exhaust and it sounds really good not loud but throaty because of the large diameter pipe I used.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
sounds good :)

from my experience, the heat will burn the paint off from the flange to the 1st bend
these little engines are very hot at the manifold
I even used header paint ;)
I solved it by heat wrapping to the muffler
(and the black wrap even went lighter in that area !!!)

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Bill
You are right the high temp header paint will not stay it will need header wrap. I am going to leave that for the new owner as this bike has gotten very expensive and is going to be harder to sell.

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
Terry, you shouldn't have much of a problem selling that one. It came out very clean and professional looking and that exhaust is really the crowning glory of the bike. GREAT JOB !!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi All
I have Tanner complete and ready for photos I will try for that tomorrow it may be my last chance before I remove the rear wheel as a customer has bought the 60 tooth sprocket from Tanner. That is a great thing because it will be only a few bucks more for the new sprocket. Here are two pics of the engine now that I have the fuel lines and filter installed.

SANY0172.jpg

SANY0174.jpg

Cheers
Terry