Well, my first one is almost done...

GoldenMotor.com

grapp

Sep 30, 2010
Salisbury nc
Ok so I took the cheapo plunge and bought a Huffy "Panama Jack" cruiser and a supposedly 80cc from ebay and married the two...it went rather smoothly, quite honestly the rear sprocket was a giant pain in the butt had to install and re install 4 times before it wouldn't rub, I ended up cutting a shim out of a peanut butter jar lid and that did the trick.. I have a light on order and need to re-enforce the front fender...plus I may add a few more fender braces...Tell me what you think??

On a side note I rode it shortly around the block and seems slugish but then again I am 6 foot 200 pounds...whats the break in period for these??

Attachments

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Dude, that's awesome.. Has a great beach cruiser look, with an old school motorcycle add on..
It'll be fun to cruise, that's for sure.

That's pretty awesome for your first build. If my first build turns out anywhere neer as cool as that, I'd consider it a success!!!

grapp

Sep 30, 2010
Salisbury nc
Thanks, I was really thinking I wouldn't like the looks of the tank, as they look like such an add on. But I think that silly Panama Jack filler piece helps it out alot and makes it look more finished. I'd like to stuff a custom tank in there, but the area looks way small for that.

grapp

Sep 30, 2010
Salisbury nc
Thanks! I like it it so far! now i just have to ride it more. Yeah i see you modified the rear fender, if i had the spocket inwards the chain rubed the tire, outwards it still rubbed the tire untill i shimmed it, maybe more of an engine mounting issue who knows...I used to buy a ton of lionel train parts from a guy in downers grove...