GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
re: 2 the guy who is up his own

PT barnum...yes

He was once confronted by a homely woman with a sour attitude...She announced, before the crowd..."You sir are a drunk".

PT replied: "yes that may be a fact; but in the morning I'll be sober, and you madam will still be ugly".

Jim
You never got back to me about making that custom hub.

Yes, no, maybe ?

I am a local guy ! usflg

Last edited:

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho

The rag joint is not that difficult to mount right, and anyone can cobble up a "custom" motor mount, intake, or anything else you have a mind to do.
The rag joint may work for most but when I used it I noticed the torque from the engine bent the spokes where the bolts went through. It caused my rim to bow and warp slightly.

I guess the moral of the whole thread is to be more aware of who you are doing business with.

I buy my motor kits from Zoombicycles so anything I custom make for HT engines will waranteed to work with that brand of engine only.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I have been able to cobble together what ever I needed. Don't ever underestimate the ingenuity of the American people. Yes it may be ugly but its good enough for the women I go with.rotfl

I got a buddy here that ordered two sprockets one came in two weeks the other THREE MONTHS. The summer riding was gone after that. He is a registered member here. There are a ton of alternatives too parts.

Jim puts out a fine product your gonna have to wait for it is all. Folks will have to realize this. I can see where materials etc can get quit prohibitive. This must be a busy shop?

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State

After taking a break to tend to some personal affairs I return to this....

This thread has ran it's course.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
To clarify...

This thread was "undeleted" so people could see both sides of the debate regarding business practices as well as our policy regarding such.

I would like to remind folks of a few small details - first and by far most important is that the contents of this thread includes both those that are displeased with MM's practices as well as those that appreciate them - so any bias beyond that is simply perception. I think it in it's entirety a pretty good, clear & unbiased example of the controversy surrounding this subject.

Ironically we stand accused of both simultaneously persecuting and protecting MM - when in fact we're simply enforcing our rules regardless of "sides". We let this thread run to show that not only does MM have his detractors but fans as well - and yet both seem to have grave difficulty posting in a mature and responsible fashion & it's for that reason alone we pull those threads started in hate, posts that provide no more than perpetuating conflict.

Some seem to be having some small difficulty in recognizing the difference between personal opinion and site policy, mistaking the recommendations & warnings of an individual for general forum procedure. Those warnings are not for inciting conflict - they're to warn you of potential problems in the interest of protecting you from disappointment.

So while some may feel persecuted, it is in fact a situation of their own making. The following is the only true source of the discontent, all else is a symptom, not the cause;

Pirate Cycles said:
Having these parts readily available to the public has been our goal since the beginning without success. Item availability depends on the manufacturer and their turn around time.

http://www.piratecycles1.com/manic-mechanic-parts.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.