Not so NOOB form MICHIGAN

GoldenMotor.com

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Not so NOOB from MICHIGAN

Hello All,
Just arived here after being recomended by member Kim.

I am an old motocrosser & engine builder in D14 & have started yet another 2 wheeled hobby.
this hobby started by building Electric bicycles a year or so ago when the fuel prices peaked. & I kinda got addicted to fabbing little trinkets to abuse in the name of fun. Met Mr. KiM over at Endless sphere. (seems we Share a few internet aquintances)

I Love all forms of racing, & have many friends who all dabble in various racing endevours (not just motorsports).

I have a 50cc grubee Kit that I haven't made time to mount as of yet. & i am on the prowl for a morini engine. (Craigs listing for now...I have a budget to maintain too LOL)
& a Pile of electric related stuff.

I recognize a few names here. Maybe I will meet a few of you at the Carruthers Ohio gathering on 6-5-2010. Look for #40 & say hello.
Thud (Todd)

Last edited:

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Thanks for the welcome guy's
So how many Michigander's are aroung this board?...
I think there is a large club of motorbikers down in the Battle creek/Kalamazoo area.

Last edited:

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
hehe forgot to mention I am in the spring lake/norton shores area.
south muskegon/grand haven....West coaster right on the edge of nowhere.

Silver bear, I am defiantly going to be at the show/race
I will be the dufass on the ugliest yellow bicycle there...oh yea its ellectric powerd.
were driving down friday night.

waynswiney, I have friends in Owasso,Bob Dedic (Dedic's diamond auto body) is an old vintage motocrosser I used to battle with. Nice guy, off the track LOL. Couple others who I coulnd spell the last names.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thud,
When I was a kid there was a show on TV called Howdy Doody. One of the characters on there who didn't talk much was called "Chief Thunder Thud". Not a relative of yours, by chance?
Waiting for tags on my new 87 Cherokee to come from Minnesota, should be here Friday & will leave as soon as I have them mounted. If they don't come til Saturday maybe some of you will still be hanging around into Sunday. Be nice to meet you guys. Hope you don't get rained out.
SB

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Howdy Thud.
I get to Muskegon/Whitelake area sometimes. Got a fellow vintage mercury outboard racer friend there. There are a few of us here in W.MI.
Welcome to the forum.

Robert
Portage/Kalamazoo, MI

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Thanks for the warm welcome's
Looks like we have a few Motor biker's about the area. Schweeet!

I haven't done more than open the box to my lil' motored bike kit yet. In my read thru's, it seems I may be better off starting out with a total rebuild & inspection of the parts before firing it up. (not a problem, Old motocross tuner here with all the tools & for the job). I have an old specilized hard tail frame I was thinking of putting this on But may hold off & go Kustom from the ground up. (it will be my practice bike for Next years death race) I missed a morini engine by 1 day (blast the luck!) dude traded it for a china quad...next time.
(I need to get my post count up so I can link & post picks)

Keep me in mind if there is a gathering anywhere in state fella's. Allways looking for some action.dnut

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Howdy Thud.
I get to Muskegon/Whitelake area sometimes. Got a fellow vintage mercury outboard racer friend there. There are a few of us here in W.MI.
Welcome to the forum.

Robert
Portage/Kalamazoo, MI
Hey Robert,
When I was a boy I was a keen follower of small hydroplane boat racing. In those days Mercury outboards always won. it wasn't until much later that I learned why. I had a resort back in better days and a guest came with a vintage green Mercury 10 hsp. He had it out and was ripping up the lake like no 10 horse I'd ever seen. I was admiring it when he told me how Mercury won those races back when. I'm sure you know more about this than I do, but I learned from him that the ones destined to be race engines were bored out and modified so that the 7 1/2 was actually a 15 and the 10 was really a 20 horse. No wonder they won. It was great for advertising as all of us kids knew Mercury was "the best". I had a 2 1/2 hsp Martin. It wasn't the best, sniff. I remember when my brother had a big old ten horse Evinrude on a racing pram and it was the fastest boat on the lake. Now I see monster 150 hsp engines and have to wonder what the heck happened. On my lake people can go from one end to the other in about a minute and it kind of strikes me as overkill. Love old boats and still covet a green Mercury...
SB

shearbf

May 8, 2009
Muskegon,MI USA
Good to hear about you local MB'ers! I'm in Lakeside, Muskegon and have not yet met any other MB'ers here. My first China Girl's been running for five years this spring. This year, I hope to find good homes for three and keep just two for myself. I have a larger four wheeled build in my garage thats gone lacking... It needs more love.
For anybody around here, Ive got some experance & even some spare parts and my dog and I are both friendly.