Looking For good 4stroke

GoldenMotor.com

BongMattnkb

Apr 11, 2010
California
Hello, I am new to this forum, however I have been a behind the scenes looker for quite some time now.

I believe i have educated myself quite well but still have some questions.

I live in California... before we get started, I am not looking for advise on the Laws. I know them.

In California I need a motor that produces no more than 2 gross horsepower but, I don't want a 2 stroke engine.

Can someone give me a suggestion on a good 4 stroke motor that will produce less than 2 horsepower?

I would prefer a Kit please

The cheaper the better :)

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Bong,

Look to the right of your screen at the sponsors and scroll down a little bit to Bicycle-Engines.com. Sounds like it might be what you're looking for. At least that's a good place for you to get started with your research.

JC

wolfstone7

Oct 19, 2009
Ky
Howdy.. just finished my first build and used dax's 4 stroke... good price, Great service.... answered questions I had fast and if he doesnt have what you want.. i'd bet he can help you find it!

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
The Subaru EHO35 is probably the best 4-stroke less than 2 HP. There's a guy in the Swap & Shop selling them for about $155 shipped. Buy a Staton friction set up on ebay and you've got a pretty cheap kit if you want to go friction. You can use Bing and Ebates cashback on ebay. I posted what the end price should be in the guy's thread in S&S.

Last edited: