Bolt sizes for cover plates?

GoldenMotor.com

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I want to replace all of the bolts on the drive side,magneto and clutch covers with allen bolts.Does anyone know the sizes/length? Thanks.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
I actually just took all of mine out to take to the hardware store and replace with alen heads, and matched em all up. Heres the sizes, Clutch cover 5 EA. M6X20, Mag cover 4 EA. M4X20, Clutch cover 2 EA. M6X30, and 1 EA. M6X40. I hope this was helpful, as it took me hours to find them all, lol. Be careful though, as these lil things can add up in price. It cost me $9.80 for all the covers. I would also recomend hittin with some rustolium primer, and a lil black paint before you use, other wise they will rust fast, and look crappy.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Or you could just pick up our hardware kit which has a complete set of zink plated, grade 5 or better allen head hardware for the entire engine. It includes all mounting studs, intake and exhaust, washers, lock washers, nylocks and all engine cover bolts.
Sick Bike Parts

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I actually just took all of mine out to take to the hardware store and replace with alen heads, and matched em all up. Heres the sizes, Clutch cover 5 EA. M6X20, Mag cover 4 EA. M4X20, Clutch cover 2 EA. M6X30, and 1 EA. M6X40. I hope this was helpful, as it took me hours to find them all, lol. Be careful though, as these lil things can add up in price. It cost me $9.80 for all the covers. I would also recomend hittin with some rustolium primer, and a lil black paint before you use, other wise they will rust fast, and look crappy.
That's what I would do but my MB is my only transportation! I know what ya mean about the price for these bolts.I used to go in true value almost daily when I built my first MB to grab some bolts/washers etc.Once everything is rung up $20+ I'm thinking what the heck? lol. Hours huh? :) Thanks much Rkorson :D

I agree,this would be a great reference for someone wanting to 'upgrade' from stock.