60 MPH...achieveable? Who cares?!? Let blueprint an engine!

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

DVBikes

Oct 27, 2009
Tampa,Florida
Im willing to bet anyone on the forum that i can get a bike to 60 MPH on flatland. Not in the Flatbed of a truck. I WIll post more soon

ANY OFFERS?!?!?>!!
xct2

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
laff...who's in now?

Lay your money down gents...We'll take an easy payday...anyday.

Yes; DV and I are going to build a bike...nothing unobtanium...with a China engine...that will clock 60 mph or better at our local dragstrip. An official time slip, and a GPS log will verify the run.

We are going to do this for fun, and bragging rights!

The engine will not be heavily modified...it doesn't need to be!

Again...this will be for fun...don't try this at home!

Jim

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i knew you had something to do with this, jim. as soon as i read his other posts about you helping on the chopper...

i agree about the motor not having to be heavily modified. my problem now is the bike won't handle the speed.

guess i gotta build another one to race you guys...

MxG

Dec 28, 2009
long beach , CA
my friends bike was clocked by a cop friend at 53

he told me some stuff he did to the engine but went in one hear came out the other

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
On one of our rides in Tampa, Craigs (Kawasaki) bike did 56.3MPH and that was with a GPS. He wasn't keeping up in traffic...he was passing cars!! So...60 should be no problem.

He ran a Dave's rack mount motor.....
Complete Engines

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I see no need for 60mph bicycle....somebody will end up getting hurt.
People are going the wrong direction on keeping these bicycles on the roadway.
Don't worry charged-reactor...this will be done at a dragstrip with DV wearing a full MX suit with helmet. We have a dragstrip near the shop...Wednesday night is test and tune. For $10.00 you can run what you got...and get a time slip.

I have a customer who lives on the Island of Trinidad. They have been into motorized bikes for a few years. They have races on a course, (controlled enviornment), that is made up of city streets that have been blocked to traffic. Sounds like fun to me! A mini Isle of Man type race.

He wants, Quote: "The fastest motorbike in all of Trinidad"

I'm the first one to speak out about bicycles, speed, and the risks involved if not done right. I see too many people here on the forum that want to make thier $89.00 Cranbrook fly, and it's a real bad idea if you are not mechanically inclined!

A thread such as this, that outlines what it takes to go fast safely might have the opposite effect by making newbies realize that it is expensive to do it right.

I tell people to figure on doubling the cost of the bike for each 10 mph speed segment beyond 20mph.

I.E. 20mph $120 bike...30mph $240...40mph $500 etc. This is based on the desired sustained speed. I think it's fairly realistic.

If ya wanna go fast you gotta look at the whole package...not just H.P.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, Kawasaki's MB is a good example of the total package...good wheels, good brakes, etc. There are others here on the forum who also know bicycle hardware...Bairdco, RedB, outrunner, just to name a few.

Jim

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
thanks for the nod, Jim.

i agree with that also. when i talk to other people about my bike, i always get the question, "how fast does it go?" (just like everyone else.) whenever i tell people my speeds, i always say how this bike was built to handle it, unlike a department store bike.

i also realize, like i said earlier, when to call it quits. my current bike just doesn't have the geometry to handle anything over 50 without becoming dangerous. i can get the speed, but it's useless if the wheels won't stay on the ground.

i'm building a bicycle that can be stable and "safe" at 100mph speeds ("safe" is a relative term;),) but it's all on hold till after i move and can set up shop again. then it's just a matter of getting every bit of power out of these crappy little engines ("crappy" is also a relative term.)

right now though, i'm just jones-ing. not being able to start building it because of life's other priorities is killing me...

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm sure DVBikes can do it. The top land speed for a bike with no motor on flat ground is 80ish mphI think lol. He can either spend thousands on one of those bikes:

Or just get a Morini with a 34T sprocket (;) @ EZRider).

He never said what size engine. It could be a 250cc V-Twin for all we know (or a V-12) lol

My point is it's certainly possible.

Especially with a bad speedometer...

Status
Not open for further replies.