Better with idle screw completelt taken out?

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I'd bet that yer runnin' on the rich side, takin' out the idle screw completely would cause a drastic air leak and result in a much leaner mix... *shrug* maybe yer air filters are too restrictive? These stock carbs really aren't the best... perhaps the same effect could be gained by carefully enlarging the intake passage in the carb itself allowing more air through it? I seem to remember a thread about that somewhere... mebbe...

Last edited:

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
over all much better! before I took the screw out my plug was black after I removed it my plug was a light gray. I'm running the opti 2 oil. Everyone says your suppose to run it 100:1 but if you buy it in the little packs it mixes up about 80:1 ( i think) the little packs are 1.8 ounces. 128 onces in a gallon / 1.8 ounces of oil = ?????????? maybe its too rich?

I just found this searcking the web. its someone talking about opti-2 ....... "I've used it at 100:1 in old Q-35's, Zenoah 23/62 and Brison 2.4 mostly right from the start. Rightly, they take a bit longer to get truly run in, but I'm not in a race.

Also note that the packaging can be a bit confusing. It says one package for one gallon or 5 litres of gasoline. The one pkge to 5 litres will give exactly 100:1 which is what the oil is designed to run at. Using it in one U.S. gallon gives a much higher concentration of oil.

I guess we just might have the a conclusion here folks! LOL! Oh, toker here may be a little "richy"

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I would fix the mixture problem....put the screw back, and move your C clip up one notch. Clean your air filter foam, and check the exhaust for restrictions.