Acceleration without power

GoldenMotor.com

unknown03

Aug 8, 2013
USA
Whenever i do wide open throttle uphill, my bicycle would make the accelerating sounds but it only gives little power. Which means, i have to pedal to help it.

My bicycle seems to run very well on flat roads except uphill.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Sounds to me, that your clutch needs to be adjusted or the clutch pads need to be replaced. On level ground, there isn't as much 'resistance' to movement as there is going up an incline.

Good luck in your fix!!

unknown03

Aug 8, 2013
USA
Sounds to me, that your clutch needs to be adjusted or the clutch pads need to be replaced. On level ground, there isn't as much 'resistance' to movement as there is going up an incline.

Good luck in your fix!!
Could you please tell me how to adjust my clutch?

unknown03

Aug 8, 2013
USA
Thank you guys for the response.

@kioshk i did that already few days ago. However it doesnt work to me.

I might be doing it wrong but thats why im here to ask for help.

I did a lot of research.

My problem still remains the same.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
look up 4-stroking here & on youtube - you may need to find a sweet-spot in your throttle position to get it to 2-stroke uphill if the engine is new

also, it may be that your compression is low - do you have a compression gauge?

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Your clutch-spring, the BIG one on the drive-shaft between the clutch and drive-sprocket, may need more compression. You can access the adjustment nut by unscrewing the clutch-cable saddle. You'll need a small allen-wrench or screwdriver to perform the procedure...do some searching, Grasshopper.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Also, your clutch pads MIGHT be contaminared with water or oil; this is easier to remedy. Remove the clutch-plate and spray it and the clutch-pads with plenty of brake-cleaner. Be sure to plop a small dollop of axle-grease on the TOP vertex of where the gears mesh.

unknown03

Aug 8, 2013
USA
Thank you guys for the response.

I fixed my problem already.

What i did is locked in the clutch lever and adjust the flower nut clockwise with my finger. I did try adjusting the flower nut before but only using sparkplug tool as shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAp8h9WRXwI

However that did not fix my problem. SO instead, i used my clutch lever to adjust it.

then ZOOM! :D

unknown03

Aug 8, 2013
USA
Also, your clutch pads MIGHT be contaminared with water or oil; this is easier to remedy. Remove the clutch-plate and spray it and the clutch-pads with plenty of brake-cleaner. Be sure to plop a small dollop of axle-grease on the TOP vertex of where the gears mesh.
Just a question.

There are bearings right behind the clutch-plate. Should i avoid spraying those bearings?

Or do i need to take those pads out 1 by 1 and spray them?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Spray everything clean, then put a LITTLE BIT of oil or grease on the bearings. Too much will just sling around and make it slip.