Hello fellow riders and builders

GoldenMotor.com

surreybrad

Jun 8, 2013
surrey bc, canada
Just Registered. I'm from Surrey British Columbia in Canada and started building motorized bikes because I can't ride well because of a disability and don't like the output and cost of electric bikes. No one seems to be doing it here in fact there isn't even a supplier with engines in BC who has any stock available. I have built 20 bikes in 2 months and people are really starting to get interested. I have my own which is a cruiser frame with wide glide style front forks and a lot of modifications and upgrades. Here you don't need a license or insurance, just a helmet. We have lots of bike lanes because they really promote bike riding so I use my bike to go everywhere including across the river to Vancouver on the rapid transit. We don't have snow so you can ride year round if you don't mind a little rain. I haven't figured out how to post pictures of my builds but I want to learn a lot more. Motorized bikes have given me back my life as I used to build custom cars until my legs gave out and I love wrenching and riding.

Last edited:

surreybrad

Jun 8, 2013
surrey bc, canada
Hello Jerry, thanks for the link. I have just started my first jackshaft project but the link is something I can really use because I just happen to have a 3 speed hub sitting in the shed that I picked up at the flea market last month. The jackshaft is for someone elses bike but for my bike I would really like to try the 3 speed you referred me to. Where can I get more details on the design?

surreybrad

Jun 8, 2013
surrey bc, canada
Thanks. I hope he ships to Canada. I can't believe that there is only one place in BC to get an engine kit and he has been out of stock for 2 months. Even when he does have engines there are no accessories or performance items available. For that I have to buy online from Speeddemon in Alberta and in the last 6 weeks he sent me 2 dead engines and numerous defective or incomplete performance and custom parts which is hurting my efforts to get people interested in the motorized bike scene. Anyway, I'll try the belt pulley drive 3 speed shifter and thanks again for the tips.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of members that motorized their bike following an injury or other problem so they could continue to ride. I like your local cruiser bike site in BC - vancruisers.ca

Last edited:

surreybrad

Jun 8, 2013
surrey bc, canada
Yea but there are a lot of members on that site that don't like the motorized bikes. There are a lot of purists that think it's wrong to put a motor on a bike but they don't know what it's like to have legs that can't pedal for more than half a block. Also, Vancouver is a very "green" city and a lot of riders don't like the motors on the trails either. Once the bike breaks in there is little smoke in the lower oil mixtures and the noise isn't near what people think. If they could replace 10 thousand cars with motorized bikes we would be much better off. I'm trying to educate people and confront the myths but some purists just don't want to see any point but their own. Vancouver is just a tough city for that.