Idaho rider

GoldenMotor.com

fernortner

Oct 17, 2012
Boise Idaho
First build. grubee 66, nt carb with Orings.
#58 jet, clip on 3rd notch. 44 tooth with 415hd chain, no tensioner. Clutch cover
has been truck undercoated inside and out.
I have a spookytooth petcock and a dualpull brake lever
on the way.
I am looking for opinions on a reed valve setup as opposed
to just a billet intake. Is the reed valve worth the effort and expense
on a daily driver for riding to work? I have read that boost bottles help the low end and am researching that as well. Either way I HAVE decided the stock
exhaust is getting replaced with an expansion chamber. Intake and exhaust mods for now, maybe get inside the engine later... compression, cylinder ports,
piston skirt, etc..flg.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
the reed valves are only worth it if you are going to do a crazy port job on the engine then you need them to keep the pressure in the case so it dosent blow back out of the intake

fernortner

Oct 17, 2012
Boise Idaho
I see. Thanks for the info. I'll just go with a billet intake and an expansion chamber on the work bike then. I do someday want to do a full-on morini engine with all the goodies but it sounds like I had best scale down this first bike and aim for something calmer.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
welcome ,Rudin first and then if you want to do a reed valve there's a thing under high performance chips on skirting in ramping the piston you don't necessarily have to change your ports for the reed valve but 3 valves mainly tuner for skirting so you don't get spit back pressure ..

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Chinagirl is a cheap date to experiment with.

When you really want SOMETHING, best to buy a morini motor, as others have.

Then there's the 4 stroke clones...

Glad you are having fun!

...It's FUN to tell people you have a Boost Bottle !

Best
rc

fernortner

Oct 17, 2012
Boise Idaho
Chinagirl is a cheap date to experiment with.

When you really want SOMETHING, best to buy a morini motor, as others have.

Then there's the 4 stroke clones...

Glad you are having fun!

...It's FUN to tell people you have a Boost Bottle !

Best
rc
yup. when finance allows, certainly. no inside engine mods on the grubee -- that's for a better engine to start from. I've heard of the morini and am reading up...