digicam on handlebar ?

GoldenMotor.com

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
how about the camera at the handlebar ?
there would be problems with the engine vibrations ?
is there anyone with experience about handlebar mountings ?
going to buy a digicam next weeks and want to make smooth vids without bumpy pics...:D

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
I think you will get better picture if you can attach it to your body somewhere we absorb a lot of vibration. When I was holding my cam it was a lot better video when I was holding it in the air than when I put my hand on the bars.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I use an RCA Small Wonder attached with a hose clamp to the head tube to take videos while I'm out riding.
ez101a.jpg

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
that rca is a nice one, but hard to find here. going to an electronic shop tomorrow and take a look or two...dance1

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
how about the camera at the handlebar ?
there would be problems with the engine vibrations ?
is there anyone with experience about handlebar mountings ?
going to buy a digicam next weeks and want to make smooth vids without bumpy pics...:D
This is my GoPro Hero HD mounted on my steering stem. A lot of people think it's one of the best sports video cameras on the market. You can judge how well it works for yourself if you watch this video.

YouTube - Atomic BB, Motor Bicycle Goes Wild

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
the GO PRO HERO HD and the Oregon ATC are my favourite ebay cams, thanks for your suggestions. Bikenut, can't see your vid, because this :
"Dieses Video enthält Content von UMG. Es ist in deinem Land nicht verfügbar.
Das tut uns leid."
But there are many GOPRO vids at youtube, the quality of them are awesome ! try to find a cheap one....laff

cheers
Thomas

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
. Bikenut, can't see your vid, because this :
"Dieses Video enthält Content von UMG. Es ist in deinem Land nicht verfügbar.
Das tut uns leid."
Translation:

This video contains content from UMG. It is not available in your country.
The sorry

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
I was not sure about the right words in my translation, so i left it in the original form, thank you rohmell !

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
I use a Ram Mount with the camera head.

Like this :

http://www.ram-mount.com/

You can order them directly from Ram or find them a little cheaper on ebay. What is cool about the Ram mount is you can buy all kinds of different heads for them(phone,gps,camera,drink,ipad,fishing rod holder,etc). I have the camera head , cell phone head and drink holder. Works great.

Oh one last tip about Ram Mounts , they sell one version that is made out of a plastic/composite material and one version that is made from "Marine Grade Aluminum". Don't get the plastic ones , they snap very easy if you get them too tight.

:D

Last edited: