old fart

GoldenMotor.com

gingerbakr

Nov 24, 2010
Apple Valley Ca.
Hello, I new to this sort of thing and looking forward to my first bike, I just got my motor today Nov 23 and have ordered my bike from wallmart, the op that I saw on this site that everyone seems to like, sooooo, I will be asking for lot's of help, Thanks all, Mike

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome, Mike.
Lots of us old fogies here so you'll feel right at home. Good luck and we're always here if/when you need help with your project.
Tom

gingerbakr

Nov 24, 2010
Apple Valley Ca.
Thank's guys, happy to see other old fart's here, I've been reading all day about motorized bike's, I think I'm going blind, luckily my daughters boy friend has one and is willing to help, I'm so confused now i don't know which way is up !!.
He said his payment will be a boost bottle so i guess i'll have to get one to.
I HOPE I DON'T KILL MYSELF, LOLOLO.
Mike

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Welcome,Mike!gingerbakr? didn't you used to play in Cream?
Very good choice in bikes,nice lines,heavy duty aluminum frame,nice welds,simple single speed.
I've motorized a couple of them!
I'm working on one now.
As soon as I get a chance I'm gonna start a Thread on the build.
It's going to be a platform for new products I'm going to develope some exclusively for the OP Roller then branch out to other bikes from there!
Depending on interest!
Stay Tuned!Kip.
[email protected]

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thank's guys, happy to see other old fart's here, I've been reading all day about motorized bike's, I think I'm going blind, luckily my daughters boy friend has one and is willing to help, I'm so confused now i don't know which way is up !!.
He said his payment will be a boost bottle so i guess i'll have to get one to.
I HOPE I DON'T KILL MYSELF, LOLOLO.
Mike
Mike, if I might offer a little advice here...forget the performance modifications (boost bottles, racing carburetors and tuned pipes) until you have the bike broke in and running good. Then you can play with it but restrict the modifications to one at a time. You'll be money and time ahead and not have to deal with the frustrations that some of these performance enhancments can cause for a newbie. Stick to the basic build at first then expand from there. You'll be glad you did.
Tom

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Mike, I'll butt back in here to agree with Tom. I've only been riding for two summers, but started with a real simple build and got it dialed in. The only real modification I made was a spring tensioner which has worked out well. I can go out and "preflight" the bike and go riding. Haven't had to do anything but preventative maintenance. The build I'm doing now is requiring a lot of modification, but after reading this forum I know exactly what I want to try to acccomplish. I look at what all these guys are doing and pick out what suits me and go with it. I promise, you don't need a boost bottle. You get that thing up to 30mph and you will be satisfied. We don't heal as fast as we used to so do it right and be careful. Good Luck, Dan