Photos of my bike

GoldenMotor.com

warner

Jun 5, 2008
ELGIN, IL
.cs.

Here's a few photos of my bike in various states of completion from last year. I have since started to make several additional upgrades to it. I wanted to raise my bars up for a more upright riding position, and get a disc brake up front - the rim brakes slowing down from 40mph are not too confidence inspiring...Hehehe. When I started compiling my list that follows, I realized that the only parts that are original to the bike will be the Frame, the crank arms, and the front deraileur...that's IT! Everything has has or will be replaced before Spring arrives here in Chicagoland! Here's my list, followed by a few photos:

During initial build, I replaced:

Pedals with metal cage bmx style pedals
Bottom bracket set – replaced with new guts
Seat post with Suspension seat post
Old seat with Cloud 9 seat
Rear wheel with heavy duty rear wheel (48 spoke heavy duty for Staton kit)
Tires - twice, before settling on the Specialized Armadillo Nimbus tires with spin skins liners – no more flats!
Replaced rear derailleur that got bent somehow

And the recent or pending upgrades:

Stock forks with Rockshox Dart 2 Suspension forks
Front rim brakes with Avid BB7 Mechanical front disc brake
Rear brake assembly with Avid Single Digit 7 brake
Both brake cables –front with SRAM pitstop full metal jacket, back with alligator cable
Grip shifters, grips, and cables with SRAM 3.0 grip shifter set
Threaded headset (converted to threadless) with FSA the pig headset
Threaded stem with Sette Edge 2014 O/S Stem 31.8
Handlebars with Sette Duo O/S 31.8 Riser Bar 2014 2 ½” Rise
Brake levers with 09 Avid Speed Dial 7 Levers
Front wheel with Forte’ Terramax wheel with hub for disc rotor

My remaining project list:

Measure and cut steerer tube to correct length

Install Star nut into fork tube

Grease headset bearings, install custom spacer, and adjust stem/handlebars

Replace rear brake assembly, cable, and lever

Replace grip shifters with new ones and adjust derailleurs

Move all controls to new handlebars – replace kill switch

Figure out headlight, headlight switch, and horn mounting

Check all cable routings – zip tie where necessary

Remove and True back wheel.

Align drive chain better and remove one link if necessary due to stretching

Tighten up second muffler mounting – slit and clamp copper tubing?

Upgrade to larger, remote gas tank?

Figure better bag securing method

Clean and lubricate chains

Clean and lube air filter

Re-evaluate contents of bags; remove anything unnecessary

Here's a few photos:

Attachments

warner

Jun 5, 2008
ELGIN, IL
Intresting setup you got there. I can tell alot of work went on to get it to the state that its in, nice job!
Thanks! Yeah, a lot of work and thought went into it. The last photo shows the new suspension forks and front disc brake. As you can see, the spacer I'll need for my steerer tube is huge (about 4") and rather than stacking a bunch of those spacers from the bike shop on top of each other, the guys in my machine shop here at work are going to make me a single billet spacer (basically an aluminum tube with the correct ID and OD). I'm waiting for that.....I'm going to stop by the back of the building and see if they're going to have it for me this week. I'd like to get going on it and that's my sticking point right now. I'm kinda' looking forward to riding it with the new forks and brakes and more upright riding position...

Warner

warner

Jun 5, 2008
ELGIN, IL
Wow nice bike how fast have you gone on it?brnot
Top speed was 40.75 according to my speedo, which should be propery calibrated to my wheel/tire size. I will check it's accuracy with my GPS this year......I bought myself one for Christmas. :) I'll upload photos of it once it's all done with the winter mods I'm doing now...

Warner

warner

Jun 5, 2008
ELGIN, IL
lol wow that is so awsome that you have a gps for you bike hope it comes in handy lol.flg.
Hahaha...not exactly. I bought the GPS for my cars (and my always-lost mother in law!). But I can attach it to the bike and check the accuracy of my speedo.....just one time to see how close it is, and if it reads high or low. :)

Warner