Double intake fuel valve

GoldenMotor.com

Mikey DEEEE

May 14, 2009
AZ
I want to put 2 gas tanks on my next build, i was wondering if there ar anyfeul valves that have a double intake, thanks

--Mikeybrnot

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
There are 3-way fuel valves, you will just have to search for one. Hardware stores ect.....

I think I got a marine 1/4" 3-way fuel valve at Ace Hardware one time.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Might be simpler to have a valve on each tank then run them to a "T". From there they can feed through the filter to the carb.

Edit: You would have to always run the higher tank empty first since liquid will attempt to seek the same level. You couldn't have both valves open at the same time.

Last edited:

Mikey DEEEE

May 14, 2009
AZ
Might be simpler to have a valve on each tank then run them to a "T". From there they can feed through the filter to the carb.

Edit: You would have to always run the higher tank empty first since liquid will attempt to seek the same level. You couldn't have both valves open at the same time.
Where can i buy one?

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I really don't know but I bet there's something out there if you look hard enough. I'll try looking around for suggestions later this weekend.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Over by Broadway & Kolb. There's a huge Ace, Lowes and a Home Despot all right close to me. I won't be able to get to it before Sunday though. Much holiday stress.... errr I mean festivities going on.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Well, I didn't ask but in a quick search around Ace I didn't see anything for fuel lines or the like. It is probably a better shot to go to an auto parts store to look. It seems like you have a grip on the concept now anyway. Just remember to not open both valves at the same time unless they are at the same level. Otherwise you'll have fuel leaking out of the lower gas cap.

Earthman

Mar 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
What I would really like is a fuel valve with "off," "on," and "reserve" settings (just like a regular motorcycle) that fits the standard tank.

Another thing I would like is an air-tight gas cap with a screw vent (like some outboard motors have) that fits the standard tank for a MB. That way, I could close the vent and hang my MB by the wheels from the ceiling like I do my other bikes.

Someday I plan to build both unless someone knows where I can buy them. Any ideas?

Last edited: