Future Schwinn Briggs Project

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Got this rolling stock from my buddy John that owns Banzai Machine here in Huntington Beach. It had a 3hp Techumseh for a while and ran well. Not sure how it will end up, but will add info as I go. May be a while as I have a few other things to work on.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
It needs some HD wheels and a front brake. The top front engine mount is high enough for a 5hp also. The big question is chain or belt drive or a combination. Clutches are the most expensive part of these builds. So far I've used a 3D Motorsport clutch on one bike and I'm really impressed with the quality and action, so I bought a few more for these future bikes.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Still trying to decide on 3hp or 5hp on this bike. I have some of each. May use a 3D Motorsports clutch on the engine shaft or make another jackshaft mounted clutch setup. May also go chain drive. I'll get a set of wheels built up for it and then decide. Probably put fenders on it.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Don't look too close, they're going to need some clean up and maybe reinforcing. It's actually a 70's middleweight that has had the rear opened up a bit. Banzai John grew up working on custom Harleys, so he's not afraid to weld brackets where needed. Including holes through the seat tube and a heim joint to hold the throttle cable adjuster, plus a few more to try different seats and tanks. The tank is pretty heavy for Chinese and it has 6mm mounting studs. The forks are moped with an added brace.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Hey Tony. Yeah, probably a 5hp. I don't like the looks of the predator, level or upright. In fact I just traded an almost new one for a smoking 5hp flathead Briggs. I may use one in the future in a hot rod bike.