what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I coated my bike with mud and myself included, this while trail riding in muddy sections in the Mendocino National Forest.

MT

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Mis-adventure.
New build, less than 1000km. Runs great. Starts first go always.
Rode it to work today. Nice ride. Worked 13 hours and knocked off late at 1am.
Bike doesn't start. No nothing. Not even a splutter.
So I swore a bit and tried a few times.
Short pedal back to work to check it out. Nothing obvious. All looks normal.
I cuss and think of foul play, but can't think who or why.
Flooded? I empty the float bowl and give it another few goes from the top. No.
To top off the day, as I tried that last time the pedal chain snaps and knocks the coaster sprocket crooked.
More swearing. Admit defeat. Call boss who is nearby. He swoops in like an angel in a 4wd and drops me home. Bike chained in work garage.
Bright side: it happened near work; boss availability; boss has a trailer for the eventual retrieval (as it's a 6foot long chopper). I suppose some tinkering is in order. Some late nights coming up.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I hope that it isn't foul play, but I'm not sure how to tell for sure in your circumstance. I do however did once park a motorcycle behind the building I worked at and locked with chain. Also the key for the bike was for ignition and fork lock. What was not locked closed was the seat with battery and fuse underneath. The battery was not gone when I could not start it late at night, but the fuse was gone. I looked around and back then there were still pop top tabs that came off of cans. I removed the ring and rolled the remaining metal in the form of a fuse and started it up later to get a real fuse back in place. This I know was someone that probably didn't like the noise of the bike. I later rolled the bike to the street and started it there instead of the alley.

MT

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Got the trailer and did the rescue mission to get my broken down bike home. Also got two new bike chains so I can make a new one for the pedal side.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Rode the old mountain bike that has the Titanium wrist pin and aluminum bushing 10 more miles today ran great until I blew a gasket... still hanging in there though, no current signs of problem with wrist pin or bushing.

I went on a good road trip on the Kulana today 49 miles to be exact, and as always most of it at a good cruise speed of 38-42 mph, several double takes by people as always and I stopped in at the local bike shop for a new set of rear brake since my others the old ones were a bit hars and about 1/2 gone, Made the tdip back home for a while and then headed out again for about 12 more miles round trip to my local community store for some ice cold Poweraide and some mints.

I did reinstall my digital speedo on the Kulana this evening also, cant seem to ever get any of the old school mechanical speedos to hold up, and none I've tried or accurate above about 20-25mph, also added a couple led lights on the Kulana, just overall had a grea day with my bikes .

Map
.wee.

paintgun

Nov 17, 2013
Illinois
Dropped a new motor on yestrerday. Runs smooth. But I have a squealing noise when I let off the throttle with the clutch engaged. When I disengage the clutch, the squealing stops. Not sure what is causing this. Tried adjusting the clutch. There's no slipping on acceleration. So I'm kinda stumped. Runs quiet on acceleration and steady throttle. Just squeals when I let off.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Dropped a new motor on yestrerday. Runs smooth. But I have a squealing noise when I let off the throttle with the clutch engaged. When I disengage the clutch, the squealing stops. Not sure what is causing this. Tried adjusting the clutch. There's no slipping on acceleration. So I'm kinda stumped. Runs quiet on acceleration and steady throttle. Just squeals when I let off.
have you remover cover on left side of engine and made sure that the bucking bar and the 8mm ball bearing that is inside the clutch shaft have plenty of good high temp grease on them?

you might also run the engine with the right side clutch cover removed and see if you can tell if the squealing noise is coming from that area or not.

Map

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I pulled out the beast yesterday, it's probably 4 months since it was ridden.. (I've been riding the cruiser instead for a bit). Rocked it side-to-side to swish up the tank and it started on the first drop of the clutch and was eager to shake the shop dust off.

Today a friend of mine came over to look at one of the others, so we pulled it and the beast out and went for coffee. He bought it pretty much as soon as the kickstand went down at the coffee shop, and he'll be grinning for days at least. The timing's really good, actually, as that puts cash on my pocket today and I've already got my 'paddle' for tomorrow's police auction of unclaimed bikes. I've had a preview look, there are some cruisers worth thinking about and a slighty rough looking CG MAB up for auction. If I can score it for a decent price, I'll be happy.

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
So I made a new pedal chain to replace my recently snapped one. My crooked coaster sprocket was just knocked out of place on the hub, and was just held on by its retainer clip (nice design there). So far so good.
My recent breakdown could be blamed my my quite very fouled plug. It's as black and gooey as I've ever seen so I'm reckoning it's running rich as. Time to learn the art of playing with fuel ratios.
So far so good with fixing my bike right? Well I just was saying that when.....
Lucky I was there as the thin-walled tubing that the kick-stand is welded to ripped out. The bike slowly leaned over, then fell just as I caught it. So I'll guess I'll make up a bulking type bracket and decide on wether I do some welding later (need to borrow one).
Not all bad I guess. I'll put it down to teething with my new bike.