what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

what intake do you plan to use and do you have a good source for the cables?

I'm really interested in that carb also.....

Map
I actually ran this carb before in the 19mm version. It is spigot (AKA rubber hose) mount so you hose-clamp one end to the carb and the other end to the intake. I use a standard maniac machined intake. I make my own cables ;)

edit: if you wanna go big ive been wanting to try one of these for a while.... XD http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-the-OEM-part-OKO-carb/900778_1038073830.html

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I actually ran this carb before in the 19mm version. It is spigot (AKA rubber hose) mount so you hose-clamp one end to the carb and the other end to the intake. I use a standard maniac machined intake. I make my own cables ;)

edit: if you wanna go big ive been wanting to try one of these for a while.... XD http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-the-OEM-part-OKO-carb/900778_1038073830.html
Thanks for the info Moto, I haven't run one of these type carbs on my bikes so wasnt sure about the type of ends the cables may have.

Do they just need a correct size amount of solder put on the end of the correctly measures length of cable from end of jacket to tip of cable simular to what is needed for the NT carbs cable end?

I am convinced that I will need a larger, better flowing, more tunable carb to get the extra speed and power I'm looking for from my next build, will have better cyl. head and I've ported my jug well so that it will flow much better but all that porting doesn't do much good without the ability to put more air and fuel into the engine as in requires it at higher revs.

dang good price on that carb no doubt.....

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.

Thanks for the info Moto, I haven't run one of these type carbs on my bikes so wasnt sure about the type of ends the cables may have.

Do they just need a correct size amount of solder put on the end of the correctly measures length of cable from end of jacket to tip of cable simular to what is needed for the NT carbs cable end?

I am convinced that I will need a larger, better flowing, more tunable carb to get the extra speed and power I'm looking for from my next build, will have better cyl. head and I've ported my jug well so that it will flow much better but all that porting doesn't do much good without the ability to put more air and fuel into the engine as in requires it at higher revs.

dang good price on that carb no doubt.....
Yup just solder like the NT. They are awesome carbs - leave it to the italians to make great motor parts... I can say for a fact that the boost this carb gives from 30 to top speed when paired with a good pipe and a fast engine is epic if not terrifying. xct2 I can only imagine how the 21mm is going to feel (if it is not rediculously too big...) The only thing is that they are an absolute B!TCH to tune - with 3 jets a mixture screw and a needle clip there is a whole lot of adjustments to be done

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

I was leaving work, and discovered that my kickstand bolt was loose......again. So I went to Lowe's because its right near my work, and got a flat washer and lock washer for it. The lock washer that came with the kickstand failed a long time ago, so I've been using (wasting) blue locktite on it. I just got sick of it always coming loose. I parked at the entrance door, pulled the bolt off, went in and found washers that fit, paid, came right back out and put it back together before leaving. Then I got home, checked my oil (still clean and full) and put some air in my tires. One of these days soon gonna spray my chains with degreaser and put some wax chain lube on them and get some brake cleaner to clean my clutch.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

I'm waiting for my new Pig motor to ship. This big HardRock frame is so sweet!
whitewalls and possibly shorty fenders look so retro on this thing.

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina

I pulled my bicycle trailer off the garage wall to use in the 4th of July parade tomorrow (we always have our parade the Saturday after the 4th). Unfortunately, the left side of my rear axle is too short to bolt on the trailer tongue connection. No problemmo, the solution was to make an adapter to extend the length of the threaded axle. I took a very long crown nut with the same threads as my axle and ground the end off to expose threads on both ends. I then tightened the coupler onto the axle and screwed a 1 1/2" section of axle stock into the open end. I slipped the tongue connector over the extension and applied an extra thick nut. I took the bike and trailer out for a test ride and it worked great. Photos of adapter attached..crt.

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

I pulled my bicycle trailer off the garage wall to use in the 4th of July parade tomorrow (we always have our parade the Saturday after the 4th). Unfortunately, the left side of my rear axle is too short to bolt on the trailer tongue connection. No problemmo, the solution was to make an adapter to extend the length of the threaded axle. I took a very long crown nut with the same threads as my axle and ground the end off to expose threads on both ends. I then tightened the coupler onto the axle and screwed a 1 1/2" section of axle stock into the open end. I slipped the tongue connector over the extension and applied an extra thick nut. I took the bike and trailer out for a test ride and it worked great. Photos of adapter attached..crt.
Ingenious!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Thats what we call good ole southern ingenuity around these parts where I'm from.... great job " improvise, adapt and overcome "

map dnut

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Well, I found out that this model of Huffy front wheel cannot use a regular type of bearing --- you have to use the individual BB bearings....9 on each side. Tried to make a regular bearing work, but no dice. The interior race/cone isn't inset enough to allow the use of a dust cover. Oh well....

However, I made a minor discovery this evening. A used toothbrush is an excellent grease packer for the bearings and cones!! I almost felt guilty in how clean my fingers remained after the procedure......almost. The toothbrush is a great way to dip into your grease cartridge (yeah, I'm too cheap to have a tub of grease and the cartridge for the grease gun). It also helps to evenly distribute the grease!!

I also upgraded my front brake pads (again) while I had the front wheel off. I guess my savings from not buying a tub of grease paid for the upgraded pads. Rationalization......

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

...However, I made a minor discovery this evening. A used toothbrush is an excellent grease packer for the bearings and cones!! I almost felt guilty in how clean my fingers remained after the procedure......almost. The toothbrush is a great way to dip into your grease cartridge (yeah, I'm too cheap to have a tub of grease and the cartridge for the grease gun). It also helps to evenly distribute the grease!!...
A toothbrush is a good method indeed and the typical grease guns are really just too big for our bikes anyway, but I thought I'd mention a handy-dandy lil dealie I use all the time for this kinda thing as it really helps keep everything clean including the grease itself, don't need to stick it in a bag or even clean it when yer done and talk about precision application lol;

It's nothing but an epoxy syringe, cheap & reusable;

http://www.amazon.com/West-System-Application-Tools-Syringe/dp/B0006JJ9VG

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Went to take the movie back to Redbox and stumbled up on one of those jogging strollers somebody put out to the curb. Man whata sweet find. 16"x1.75" wheels on a light weight frame just perfect for my shopping cart trailer build project. So Bungie the handle to my luggage rack on blue and back home I went . So I got the movie back and then I went to Home Depot to get some fittings for the hitch . When it is 100 percent complete I'll show you guys. It'll be thread time.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Went to take the movie back to Redbox and stumbled up on one of those jogging strollers somebody put out to the curb. Man whata sweet find. 16"x1.75" wheels on a light weight frame just perfect for my shopping cart trailer build project. So Bungie the handle to my luggage rack on blue and back home I went . So I got the movie back and then I went to Home Depot to get some fittings for the hitch . When it is 100 percent complete I'll show you guys. It'll be thread time.

Thank you for supporting my employer!!

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK

Huffy,you ever heard the saying,"If you don't have anything nice to say,don't say anything at all"?

He was talking about home depot,where he works. I know you can't type the english language,can you not understand it either?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

A toothbrush is a good method indeed and the typical grease guns are really just too big for our bikes anyway, but I thought I'd mention a handy-dandy lil dealie I use all the time for this kinda thing as it really helps keep everything clean including the grease itself, don't need to stick it in a bag or even clean it when yer done and talk about precision application lol;

That is cool! I have an artist's paint brush in a bag with a tube of grease. PITB, big time.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

Good idea. I've used a small ziploc type bag to apply grease a few times. Wadded a couple of scoops of grease into the bottom corner of the bag then cut the corner off and used like a pastry chef's piping bag. The epoxy syringe looks like it'll be cleaner, and much easier to store.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Cleaned my primary and secondary drive chains and re-lubed with "white lightning easy lube" dry wax film chain lube, bought it at kmart for like $5. Had a gift card and decided to give it a try. Been lubing my chains with waste engine oil, but figured the wax lube would be cleaner and easier. But the white lightning is $5 a bottle, so I may look for something cheaper or bigger quantity that comes in a spray can, like garage door lube or something. I also sprayed some 3-in-1 on my clutch bushing. First time doing that since I built the bike. Gonna pick up some brake cleaner to clean my clutch drum and shoes maybe tomorrow or something.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Sounds Kewl man cant wait to see the finished product.
Map

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

I got back to the cruiser's new tank today. The base coat looked good, so I masked it and ran the first coat of blue. After that I grabbed the Kenda 'self-sealing' tube that got punctured and went flat on me, cleaned it up and put a patch on it. It's in reserve now for the next time I need one.

For my fellow Canadian builder/riders, here's something you might not have known: Canadian Tire's 'Supercycle'/generic innertubes are in fact Kenda tubes. While the Supercycle name has been printed on the tube, Kenda is molded into it in small print somewhere. So, $9.99 for the name brand or $5.99 for the red box version.