what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Bought piston rings, new cylinder, and gaskets. I'm sick of the HT engine... I'm thinking I'll build a street legal custom build. Or closer to street legal than my current 13hp ridiculous, but awesome project.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

Let a buddy ride my cranbrook the other day and he left the gas on while it was parked for well over an hour. I had suspected for a couple days that the float might be sticking because I had a couple of issues with gas in the over flow tube dripping but nothing major. When we returned there was about a 5 foot gas slick and when I pushed the bike out I got on and popped it over just to see if it would fire and gas flooded out past the gasket of the clutch cover and Mag cover... Tore it down today to find that the crankcase was absolutely full of raw gas and the hydraulic action of the piston on the down stroke blew the crank seals completely out so I spent the day putting in double rim crank seals and repairing a carb and installed some better SKF crank bearings for giggles.

Good thing is that it did not affect the High density clutch pucks I have been testing one bit, I simply wiped them off and re installed and adjusted the clutch and they are performing like the day I installed them a little over 400 miles ago now.

Last edited:

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California

trued my right rear wheel WHERE THE UPS TRUCK PINNED ME BETWEEN HER TIRE AND THE CURB!

Crash course in screw the bike lane I'm taking my proper space on the road.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

That is cool Mark, gas resistant too?

Did an on/off heat shroud test on a HF 79cc. Slightly warmer at idle for long periods but cooler underway with out it. So left off heat shroud but needs more testing.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

Yea I wanted SKF seals too but all they had were Toyos' but they are also specific 2 cycle gas resistant and ethanol resistant... IBT is one of my favorite places LOL.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine

So does someone want to buy my HT bike once I put a new cyl on it.... I'm so ready to get rid of this thing. I*want a quality engine. I'm looking for a 5 - 8hp honda or briggs.... And totally*DIY the whole thing.

I got a free GX390. But holy overkill :D

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

So does someone want to buy my HT bike once I put a new cyl on it.... I'm so ready to get rid of this thing. I*want a quality engine. I'm looking for a 5 - 8hp honda or briggs.... And totally*DIY the whole thing.

I got a free GX390. But holy overkill :D
Take a look at this 1950/60s 5 hp Continential engine, if you dont grab it I might for $85

For Sale: Continental AU-10

would make a sweet bike engine.

This is one of my favorite sites.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia

I installed new oversize seat, checked everything out for a sat a.m. ride with three friends. The last ride was 38 miles, I hope this new seat helps.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Bolt sheared off my center kick stand. Looks like it was cranked off but have not tightened it in, dunno at least weeks and don't crank down on em all that much. I do put a lil umph in to em as it is a good sized bolt but nothing close to the force it would take.

So half the bolt is still in the lower and working on getting that out.

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio

I destroyed my motor today, yee haww haha.Well not destroyed, but went to put the jug back on and broke the piston rings (well one). Gonna buy a BGF replacement motor and keep this one for the parts, not too bummed other than spending money I really don't have :(. I wanted to try my new RT carb today, but that's not gonna happen for another week I suppose.

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio

Ya, but I don't have a ring compressor to do the job right. I'd have to buy that, rings and then the possibility of me messing more up. I'll keep the motor for extra's.

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio

Thanks, that solves some issues lol. I still have the problem of a piece of the piston ring fell down in to the crankcase, so that will have to be removed. I'm gonna buy a new motor still and work on this one. When were trying to fit it the ring just would not compress against piston it would always be sticking out at one spot, but I believe what you just linked me would fix that. thanks for the link.

It was so freaking hot today, who else took a shower outside today lol.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Roger that rain! Whoo, went for a ride, got soaked to cool off after working on the trailer all day. (pic section if you want to check it out)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia

The morning ride started off well, then problems started. About 15 miles into our ride my son in laws right pedal gets loose and cross threads under pedaling pressure, we had alot of trouble getting it back on. Then about 5 miles later my friend with the del-mar broke a drive chain, so we make up a new chain and off we go. Due to time we only made 37 miles today. Things went wrong but it was still fun.

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana

Hi all
I had a flat tire to day 5 miles from home. thank God for cell phones and Good friends.