what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Played with the springer forks. Think I had the 4 lower bolts to tight and couldn't bounce back. Loosened em up to uncomfortable but rode for hrs and hrs today. Have the front proped up now letting the wheel drop and put reverse pressure on the springs with cap nuts loose. Tried prying it down, but no go so far. Well, didn't want to force it and am out'a steam my self.

Delivered ketchup with her. Aye, was a journey froth with great danger. But had to get the ketchup threw to them kids! (Or in the great words of Capt. Foss; "*Forget* the kids, lets drink the serum") Pic below is to commemorate the courageous voyage. Really cool part of ridding around Hartford after that much snow, (about a foot) was the right lanes were only half plowed. So was half a lane. No cars behind me. Was like a city wide MB lane! Uber cool!!!

In the bottom right of that pic is a tiny lil radio Carol got me for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Festivus. Radio playing "If I had a million dollars" Kept thinking, I wouldn't change a thing. I got every thing I need and almost every thing I want.

Then later that day saw a woman being led out of her apartment handcuffed and DCYS walking her children out in front of her and the cops.

But 5 or 6 hr ride of beeps, waves, thumbs up's. usflg

Attachments

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

... For a project to day I am trying to come up with some kind off foot wrap to keep my feet dry I want it to come about 6 inches up my leg and cover the front and top of my foot hmmmm??????? any Ideas, and it is snowing so I think I will get to take my first snow ride. peace out
those are called "boots."

i've seen them at a lot of stores, and they come in different colors and sizes...:)

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon

lol but see that's just it I want it to go over my shoes most boots kill my feet

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

fitted the ported motor with the other goodies and got a huge kick out of how it all came together. Very happy with it.. fastest its ever been. love it

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

lol but see that's just it I want it to go over my shoes most boots kill my feet
I ride in the rain and snow a lot and I gotta say one of the problems isn't the snow, it's my freakin' boots. They're just hiking boots, not combats or anything but still - they're huge & clunky and the last thing in the world ya want when riding in such conditions & at these speeds is ANYTHING hampering your dexterity...

So if yer thinkin' some kinda plastic shield or somethin' - I'd hafta say don't, it'll mess ya up sooner or later. There's a buncha "low tech" options, like galoshes & rain pants w/a gather at the cuff or even "old school" with the good ol' bread bags over your socks...

My "solution" is pretty simple, if it's nasty death weather out - I grab a change of socks & shoes and put 'em in my pack ;)

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

i get some stoopid looks when i put shopping bags over my shoes an tape'em up with elec. tape but its really gotta be pourin down for me to stoop down that low.

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina

Wally-Mart always has rain boots that go up over the calf, almost to the knee. More durable than trash bags for sure.

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida

After 4 years in the military and 6 more on the job if you spend the money for good boots it makes all the difference also good thick socks feels just like sneakers to me

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

Wally-Mart always has rain boots that go up over the calf, almost to the knee. More durable than trash bags for sure.
all the cool kids are wearing trash bags on there feet these days..
boots are for wimps laff

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

i get some stoopid looks when i put shopping bags over my shoes an tape'em up with elec. tape but its really gotta be pourin down for me to stoop down that low.
Put the bags on o'er yer socks, then put yer shoes on o'er the bags & nobody would ever know lol ;)

Jax2A

Nov 5, 2010
The LC, Ohio

Got my schwinn replica springer fork from the man in brown today! Looks like I'll get to work on my project some this weekend.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

im seriouse i have a pair of gortex socks for a shell and regular socks in my gear incase my feet get wet i can put a fresh sock on and with waterproof socks i can put my feet back in the same shoes not ideal but itll get you there

i dont leave the house without some survival gear who knows what could happen i may have to retreat into the wild for survival or to hide from the law or some crazy ass woman

today i crashed my bike at top speed landed ok didnt break anything too severely i think i cracked my collar bone but its whatever my bike was alright after i straightened the handle bars out did tear up my saddle bag up though

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

I was replacing my worn out rear tire when I discovered a broken spoke. It was ironically on the pedal chain side. Glad I discovered it before the wheel came apart on me in traffic.
Spoke replacements are a real pain because I have to remove the cogs and the motor sprocket.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Played with springers again. Got em to about half their original function which is more then enough but decided to experiment with different springs of varying spring-ning-ness. Called Norm (Venice motor bikes) at the end of the day and he had some great suggestions. Good guy to do business with.

But pretty much rode around all day successfully avoiding any sort of gainful employment or work. (I have the week off from one job, no calls from the other and my gigs, the phone hasn't rung in a week)

Beautiful, sunny warm day. Had some great conversations with folks about my MB. Not sure if I was ever that bummed to see a sun set as I was tonight. I have no lights on this bike and the whole black ice thing.
Vid is really lousy. Gotta get a good cam

RiverSide :: Riversidevidagain.mp4 video by dan3xd - Photobucket

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon

I like all the talk I started about shoes and boots lol, I think I have come up with a plan to get the job done. I am going to get one of those really thin nylon cutting board and will cut the shape I want out of it. I will then attach some kind of cloth to the outside with and a short zipper in the back. And the end product should be a waterproof cover for the front and top of my shoes. I wonder what the best kind of glue to use to secure the leather to the nylon hmm maybe contact cement or hot glue hmm? oh and last night took a ride to the bar and then mcdonalds whilst at mcdonalds me and the bike took a slip on the ice. nothing on the bike broke so I am pleased peace out

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana

Got my BGF 4 stroke,Sunn Cruiser going today. That.s 2 builds in 2 weeksLOL I'm so lucky.
Put about 5 hard miles on it seating the rings.

Realy impressed with how quiet it is.

Geared kinda tall with 3.25/1 chainbox and 11/48 secondary drive. Needs pedal assist on take-off, but slightly over 40mph top end so far.

I converted the chainbox to oil bath, so far, it is VERY quiet.

Couldn't help it ,I just HAD to try it with the muffler end removed. Sounded good,not too loud, /seemed to run a little better too. Gonna put it back tho.

Wayne Z

DSC_1392.JPG

DSC_1393.JPG