How fast can your 80cc really go?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

freshwater

Aug 6, 2008
The makers of the engine claim that the motor can do 35 mph, but can it really go that fast or even faster? How fast have you gotten your bike to and what did you do to make it go that fast?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have gone over 40 mph, but not checking with a GPS, only a cars speedometer.

Depending on the engine, and other factors, plus figuring it's up around "self destruct" on the rpm range, I would not suggest long high rpm runs.

tylerlough

May 28, 2008
Mishawaka, IN
I've done 28 with a 50 tooth sprocket, that means my engine was spinning over 7000 rpms. When I get my 33 tooth that would be 42 mph. I don't advise spinning the engine that fast for more than a few seconds.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
The makers of the engine claim that the motor can do 35 mph, but can it really go that fast or even faster? How fast have you gotten your bike to and what did you do to make it go that fast?
40 mph seems to be the practical limit. Mild tuning will get you there quite easily with a 67cc. Always pushing the engine limit, not gear ratio (with the kit)

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Well with my stock setup I've only gotten up to around 28 or so on the flat. I'm a bit heavier than the average Joe though, so that might have something to do with it.

freshwater

Aug 6, 2008
I just got my Tachometer installed on my bike so when I get my bike up and running smoothly I will find out how fast I can get it. I have to break it in first.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
This is about the fastest that I've gone with the same setup as well. Engine was turning 7400rpm! I feel bad now that I did it. Probably took some life out of the thing.
That's what happened to me and I did take the life out of that motor! haha! Lucky for me, Dean helped me replace and fit some quality japanese and italian bearing. After that my HT motor ran like a champ and I could go WOT without the motor sounding like it was struggling.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Last week got clocked at 41 mph by sheriff on 39 tooth sprocket, dellorto carb with modified jet, modified Tomos A3 bullet exhaust, a helmet and goggles. Was then issued a speeding ticket on a 35 MPH zone. Engine said no more riding yesterday. It felt great.......but now I am MBless.

shiloh0

Jun 28, 2008
my bike went tops of 41 on flat with a 27t sprocket. the revs were not up tho and i would say that the 27 tooth is too small. with a 32T it would prob be a better overall
high speed setup. maybe for a burst the 27T with a nitrous charge would get it to 45 or higher. the mph seems way harder to get increased when you start hitting 35+

freshwater

Aug 6, 2008
Wow fifty mph seems pretty fast for a beach cruiser. So if the less teeth on the sprocket the faster it goes. Which sprocket teeth count do you guys think is the best option in speed and torque?

Status
Not open for further replies.