thumb throttle

GoldenMotor.com

doublezo

May 3, 2009
sacto
just wondering if anybody sells a thumb throttle like what is on atv's. i thought i saw them on here but cannot find them anywhere, thanks

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I use an old MTB thumb shifter for my throttle. You can tighten the friction to make a cheapo cruise control. You can also adjust your idle speed when stopped at traffic lights.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Also, I Think Thumb Throttles Are Much Safer For New Riders. Easy To Understand And Just Release It. Twist Throttles Are Dangerous For New Riders On More Powerful Machines. I Put One On My First Build. Your Thumb Can Cramp Up At Times.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man! I had found one and lost the link. But they have em "long" with smaller then this w/ a kill switch. The long ones are supposed to allow you to use your palm. This one looks large for our purposes, but same idea. LOL, just another item on my wish list. ATV Thumb Assist Pro Deluxe Hand Throttle, Adjustable - KODIAK OUTBACK

I have yet to try em but like the idea of getting rid of the Chinaplasteek grips. Good grips can be ours!!! (not to mention a dependable kill switch. I have kill switch curse)

NeatTimes, ya got me thinking. With a palm operated thumb throttle, it would lose the safety of easy release for new riders in a panic situation. I have to rethink this. Thanks

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I Think I Posted This On Another Thread. I Got A Deal (last Yr) On Ebay, Make An Offer On A Regular Auction (buy It Now, Or Bidding) And Most Times You Will Do Much Better Than What They Want. I Bought 5 Thumb Throttle, Dual Brake With Kill Switch And Several Other Items With That Order, Saved Over 100 Dollars. They Are Quality Units. Ron