Friction mounts

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
My son has several good small engines 25cc's whatever. Wants to make a friction drive . I have no knowledge of these. I would guess the roller has to be a certain size for the engine etc. Anyway where to start looking for the engine mounts? As mentioned earlier, he has the engines and I said would try to steer him in the correct direction on getting a mount and here guessing rear drive. Thanks and hopefully you can point to a jobber who handles these. gphil. cvlt1

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I made a friction drive 25cc weedeater once. Not the most thrilling ride, but enough for a few kicks. I forget how it mounted, but i made a sort of scissor pivot for the motor. There was a lever on the side, like a suicide clutch for engaging/disengaging the drive roller from the wheel. The roller was just a plain 7/8" socket attached to the flywheel.

It didn't last long. The amount of pressure required to keep the socket from free spinning was a lot, which fatigued the crankshaft and eventually broke it. It was awesome. Parts went everywhere. The flywheel came off and whizzed down the street in front of me.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
What is Kool is cannenball has built a new one using a three speed hub as a drive roller,and Silverbear has fallowed and built his version................Curt