Buba's World

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
My name got mentioned here so I gotta weigh in.
I've been scratching my head over Buba ever since he first joined wondering if he was "differently enabled" or not...
Now that I see some pictures, I've decided he's like most artists...kinda weird but in a good way.
He's obviously enthusiastic about motorbikes and has vision. He thinks outside the bicycle box and is not afraid to try things most would not think of.
As long as he does not kill himself on one of his more "original" creations, I foresee great things coming from his shop/yard/junkpile.
Keep on being weird Buba!
Some of us get it!

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
thanks guys for giving me some feedback

of course these are not complete in any way

APPROPRIATE ENGINES FOR APPROPRIATE FRAMES -TO DO APPROPRIATE THINGS
ie speed:surface !!!!!

YOU CAN NOT PUT A 600 HP ENGINE IN A VOLKSWAGON BEETLE WITHOUT SOME VERY SERIOUS RECONSTRUCTION!!!!

as you know i rushed to get something posted-- for so many people were wondering when is this CHARACTER going to stop blah blah blah and show us something

to that end i sandblasted whatever i had in hand -IN TOTAL 4 WELDING HOURS WITH JOSE
MY friend and pro welder ON LONG BEACH BLVD; from there the same day hoped to clear coat to show in process and give some info but clear coat not acceptable so what paint on hand to keep the rust away knowing in three days i was leaving the states for 2.5 months and to show something!!!! paint gave the impression must be finished but those are far from it !!!

yes of course they are not in any way complete but i hope those interested get the idea!!

i/You know why Culver Jeff is using Richard´s frames because when you power something up
of course you do not want it flying apârt at ANY SPEED!!!

CULVER city can certainly weld but he does not want one of his creations to fly apart EITHER

richard ´s phoenix bike works -- whizzer frames are tried and true

headtrauma´s reinforced schwinn cracked
a micargi stretch i bought early on with a stock china girl was cracked and i knew it WHEN I GOT IT i welded an angle iron across the bottom and then some

the bicycles of yesteryear were four to five time heavier in every way than the bicycles of today and i do not mean carbon fiber

i know i have chopped a slew of them !!!!

I am going to start a thread about this aspect of motorized bicycle making and racing but am at the permeke library and i only get a half hour before they close

i will start a new thread in this section chop-weld etc
for some SOAP BOXING AND THEN SOME ----FOR THE SAFETY AND BENEFIT OF ANY and all interested parties

baird i hope you have read and approve!!!
what in the way of frames-- if for sale-- will certainly be thoroughly engineered- welded tested

the government´s around the world require this and for good cause!!!!! and if i pursue that
as a business i am looking at the worldwide market not just the good ole USA

stay tuned and ride safe let your mind soar and sing ¨this is how we do it ¨

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Is Buba on a Mission or a Mission:Impossible? Whatever the mission, Buba is,....The Most Interesting Man in the World. Stay thirsty my friends.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Somebody is addicted to dismembering old bicycles! I bet every one of these eventually gets sliced and diced, whether it needs it or not. Cut em up Buba! LOL

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Holy hey Bob do.....I couldn't make it past page one......my thoughts. First thought was modern art borderline art deco. Second thought.....great circus bikes! Third was .....deathtrap 1, deathtrap 2, deathtrap 3 and so on. Forth thought.......that loss of words Jeff had %*#@^%)*&?

One thing is for sure, my imagination doesn't hold a candle to Buba's......no doubt about it......not even close zpt

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
good to see someone is out there

thanks mike et. al. I do have to chop everything up in Los Angeles as well as here in Antwerp just to make room for more great stuff!!!????
my wife is going to kill me??? leave me or report me????!!!

things here in Belgium are pretty exciting-- the weather has been holding out and i have not been freezing my a;; off in the rainy damp blustery cold

Went to a swap meet- beurs- last sunday and bought for 200 bucks a 50cc race engined zundapp 1976 or 86??? do not know do not care the seller has raced many brands of bikes and has worked for over 30 years building engines etc in dealer bike shops currently Yamaha in a town called Eeklo

do not need to license plate or insure or register 50 ccs or less do not tell --control -the polite -that is can go way over 40 kilometers per hour

bike should enable me to get around dependably more than my china girl
the public transportation is great but hardly exists on the weekends

going to by friend Dirk´s this friday to get´er running
also bought a sh;;load of moped hubs wheels big box of zundap cycliners pistons and heads they will look cosmic if they bolt on a china girl -
a german industrial 100cc engine 13 dollars -10 euros and a bunch of great tall springed over 60 year old leather seats and more!!!!!

Rickrides if you are out there I have made inquiry for the engines and trannies you are interested in
nothing at this beurs --- it was for brommers and 50cc bikes

I will try to get to some motoren--motorcycle -swap meets and I have contacts working on things for you--time will tell

my welding class is great ---going monday to thurday 6-10 pm and saturday 8:40-12:30 google Noord Technicum antwerp belgium

there is certainly method and technique involved but i realize that is true of EVERYTHING!!!!
learned a thing or two about brazing ---- this week mig and then tig

can not find the bmx bikes as i do in la so i have started to accumulate metal look out Richard Kraemer!! --problem is the two shops that have a bender for me are over 5 kilometers from my house and the van --taxis will not take my stuff
so how to get a sh;;load of material to their shops!! -- again --time will tell

oh yeah yesterday -my house is near the docks harbor where napoleon moored and built his fleet-- a big marine supply shop has relocated so i scavenged about 1000 euros of paint all types and fiberglass resin kits 2 parts-- over 30 of them

hope soon to put some of it to use????

this weekend there is a brommer beurs in fleemalle -southern belgium-french spreaking - but unless i can find someone to hitch a ride with it will be impossible to get there by public transportation over 3 hours one way on a weekday!!

this is where the zundapp comes in but how to get what i may find and buy at a beurs back to antwerpen!!!!????

well if anyone is reading ----ride safe ---race safe if going to grange take lots of pictures of the pits and participants Neil and anyone else reading PLEASE--

PLEASE andy --maybe some walk around the pits with your new go pro to post
i am sure many followers would be very interested to see the feel of such an event ---and sing ¨this is how we do it ¨

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
good to see someone is out there

thanks mike et. all

things here in Belgiulm are pretty exciting the weather has been holding out and i have not beren freewing mu a;; off in the rainy damp blustery cold

Went to a swap meet- beurs- last sunday and bought for 200 bucks a 50cc race engined zundapp 1976 or 86??? do not know do not care the seller has raced many brands of bikes and has worked for over 30 years building engines etc in dealer bike shops currently Yamaha in a town called Eeklo

bike should enable me to get around dependably more than my china girl
the public transportation is great but hardly exists on the weekends

going to by friend Dirk´s this friday to get´er running
also bought a sh;;load of moped hubs wheels -a german industrial 100cc engine 13 dollars -10 euros and a bunch of great tall springed over 60 year old leather seats and more
I just got me a new engine as well. I need to pick up the pace on the street...... so I got this. I'm leaving the stock exhaust on this thing as well to be a little more subtle. Gonna drop down to at a 44T or lower rear sprocket as well. I needs SILENT speed. LOL

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
hay mike you are up late again

by the way

GIANT!!! BIG THANKS TO SILVERBEAR FOR POSTING AS HE HAS DONE
I DO NOT KNOW HOW-- BUT I DO NEED TO LEARN SOMETIME SOON!!!!!
with some super smart new telephone like ccc has or some such contraption???

yeah mike how is your larger frame coming along for that whopping electric engine you got ???

i visited my friend robby here and saw a slew of the latest in electric bicycles and motorcycles -his company --google eco mobiel antwerpen
some real head turners

the zeros brammo??? a new french brand , the grace electric bikes a few p-g bikes and many many more

his small, like a smart car is electrified using a Lynch a genius in England whole new approach and design of an electric motor!!!!
Fantastic and very very powerful!!!electric motor the size of a cookie tin tiny--the car was originally a luxury product from one of lamborgini´s sons into producing and marketing expensive toys watches boats clothes jewelry stuff!! etc
robby swapped out the motor and the lead batteries for a much lighter and more powerful battery system gets him 45-50 kilometers on a charge 3 hours and goes 45-50 kilometers per hour biccari???seats and luxe interior

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
hay mike you are up late again

by the way

GIANT!!! BIG THANKS TO SILVERBEAR FOR POSTING AS HE HAS DONE
I DO NOT KNOW HOW-- BUT I DO NEED TO LEARN SOMETIME SOON!!!!!
with some super smart new telephone like ccc has or some such contraption???

yeah mike how is your larger frame coming along for that whopping engine

i visited my friend robby here and saw a slew of the latest in electric bicycles and motorcycles --- company --google eco mobiel antwerpen some real head turners

the zeros brammo??? a nex french brand the grace electric bikes a few p-g bikes and many many more

his small, like a smazrt car is electrified using a Lynch electric motor the size of a cookie tin tiny--the car was originally a luxury product from one of lamborgioni´s sons into expensive toys etc robbyswapped out the motor and the lead batteries for a much lighter and more powerful battery system gets him 45-50 kilometers on a charge 3 hours and goes 45-50 kilometers per hour biccari???seats and luxe interion
My giant frame is still in pieces until I get this new engine installed in my current military bike. I needs to be able to cruise at 45+mph in relative quietness on it, and then I'll be done with my current bike and can get to work on that giant frame Buba! This is the next thing I have to get!

xct2

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
ONE OF THE MOST INSPIRED www.irzouts.blogspot.com

check in pictures thread---- let your mind soar!!!!

just checked in on some of my favorite sites there!!!!!

psyched up---- have to go chop some bikes and twist some metal---see ya

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
where to start---

welding class last night

stick welded -- what i call an alligator -78 inches of 2 inch teeth razor sharp 5 rows to keep the drunkies from sitting on my front window ledge eating their pitas and beer and leaving their sh;t all around

flipped a dutchie dames bike for style and welded with stick a seat post in and a pedal gear system to the inverted seat post

bike tubing sure is thin and no easy task to fill once you burn a hole

welded a bent handlebar post --cut and welded together straight for practice

Humfred the teacher --great guy rides his racing bicycle 25 kilometers to and from class and competes in in-line skating events
51 years old a real man´s man ---told me he would knock out the drunkies and not bother with the alligator

sure is satisfying to build something practical with a welding machine -- the power of red hot metal --kinda like vulcan

going to Vorsellar where dirk lives to get the zundapp running this sunday
the weather has turned rainy and a bit cold ---not exactly what we have in los angeles --the weather here does not allow you the freedom to do most anything you want when you want like in la !!!!!

dirk is going to portugal next thursday --
22 hour drive to pick up and scavenge junk yards for great old moped engines and other parts???? told me during his last trip in july to Faros the european Sturgis event in portugal google it you tube it--he discovered a scapyard with a 25 foot high pile of mopeds and other things????

winter is slowly setting in
a hydraulic tubing bender is far away 6 kilometers -no transportation and shop wants 60 euros /hour so like in la will use what bent pieces i can scavenge from the only scrap yard here in antwerpen and dumpster diving for my builds here unless i can find elements that may make a satisfactory tubing bender such pieces???not as readily available as in los angeles???

the adventure continues

ride safe
and if going to grange please take lots of pictures of the pits and ambiance as well as the race action!!!! and post em

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
i know mike-- i miss the can do weather but i do not miss the killing and mayhem

there is virtually no homicide here in belgium only occassional suicides --must be the weather --- cloudy skies can be pretty depressing and somber

going topush my cart over to the scrap yard now --there is a steel shelf unit and some clothes store racks that hold promise (have some bends) to come under the abrasive circular saw this afternoon or tomorrow also need to pick up the anchor bolts for the alligator installation

Last edited: