Hi Folks, Joaquin Suave checking in.

GoldenMotor.com

Joaquin Suave

Dec 9, 2008
Alta & Baja California
Hi folks,

My name is Joaquin Suave and I don't know SQUAT about bicycles or itiby bitty tiny motors...But I've got a "hair up my tush" to make a motorizeeeeed bicycle.

A couple of questions...

Has anyone tried fueling a 2 or 4 stroke motor with propane?

Has anyone tried running pure grain alcohol?

Is there any small diesel motors available (like for DOD hybrid power units)?

Thanks for your time.
J.S.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
I would think a four cycle motor could be adapted to propane. There is a guy down here using a hydrogen genarator on a harley, claims he gets 8 more miles to the gallon with it. Me, I ahve enough just keeping my two cycle motor bicycle running. Lots of smart people out there trying lots of stuff. Going to be interesting to see what is the next big thing.

Xcel

Jul 20, 2008
Yes, I have 2 propane conversions...I'm not talking much publicly yet but you can PM me.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Welcome to the forum.

I personally haven't found any small suitable (and/or affordable) diesel motors, but it never hurts to keep looking. I would love to have a biodiesel bike.

I know a couple people have tried already, but it would also be nice to have an E-85 powered 2 stroke motor. E-85 plus that 2-stroke oil that's made from animal fat...I'd call that a little green.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
A lot of motocrossers ran their 2 stroke bikes on methanol in the late 70s.
I think they would just jet their carbs richer to run the moonshine. LOL

Joaquin Suave

Dec 9, 2008
Alta & Baja California
Thanks for the welcome folks. I'm just getting started in researching what I'm going to do and will be asking LOTS of questions....

like, Is there better motors to use?

Are there ones to avoid?

I think I want to stick with 4 stroke, Is that a good idea?

Does anyone make a small hand opperated clutch that can be used on a motorized bicycle?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: