New member saying hello

GoldenMotor.com

Kirk

Apr 16, 2013
Wichita Kansas
Hello I am a new member and still getting my parts together to start building. I am looking at installing a rear basket so I can make quick trips to the store etc. I was interested in using one of the large rear baskets like on a worksman, probably the large wald type. Like what an old style paperboy or bike messenger would use. I have searched the forum but haven't seen any installed like I am interested in doing. Do these not work with the rag joint type drive trains or are they just not popular. ( i believe they hook to both sides of the rear hub and behind the seat) Thanks in advance. Kirk

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Kirk, welcome.

Dunno, not sure but the rag joint is between the wheel and frame so don't think it could possibly interfere.

Kirk

Apr 16, 2013
Wichita Kansas
Hey Dan thanks for the welcome. I kinda had the same thoughts as you seems like it should work but like I said haven't seen anyone else do it. I'm sure some people think building a motorbike might be oddball. So it's looks like I might be an oddball amongst other oddballs for wanting this style of rear basket.
Been lookin thru my local Craigslist trying to find a used one may just have to spend the money on a new one and give it a shot.
Kirk