Bystanders

GoldenMotor.com

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
How often does a person stop and wanna ask you about your kit. Every time i ride it seems like someone wants me to stop and ask me what im riding and how i built it. I always tel its a bumblebeebolton and i didnt build it i bought it.
Then they say where and how much..lol..Some people are totally amazed that i go as fast as i do with a little wheel turning the bike tire..I have people stop and offer me ride in there truck..I tell em "I own a tahoe and a ford pickup truck. Im not riding this because i have to im riding it because motorized bikes are a blast! and it only cost a couple pennies to go a mile!" Alot of people have no idea about motorized bikes..It's like were do you think motorcycles came from!.flg..flg.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
I went to the local auto parts store for wheel bearing grease. When I pulled up on my bike and shut it off every person in the parts house came outside to peek at my bike. They were taking pictures with their cell phones and asking me every question you could think of about it. I kinda dig it \m/ >.< \m/

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's happening to me more and more. I think interest is rising in motor bicycles along with the gas prices.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
It's happening to me more and more. I think interest is rising in motor bicycles along with the gas prices.
i cannot express that sentiment any better than you did kind sir. i putt around town everyday and this is my only vehicle...i love it and am glad to answer any and all inquiries that people may have. The more of us the merrier i'd think. There are 8 locals that have these motorized bicycles, but only myself and one other guy actually ride these daily and are dependent upon them. I find that its quite inexpensive and easy to maintain and i have no mechanical abilities except what ive learned from this forum and busting knuckles...bring on the motorized bicycle revolution...

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
I went to the local auto parts store for wheel bearing grease. When I pulled up on my bike and shut it off every person in the parts house came outside to peek at my bike. They were taking pictures with their cell phones and asking me every question you could think of about it. I kinda dig it \m/ >.< \m/
Its cool..But after 3 years of it. I wanna get a little pamplet made so I can just hand it to em! Every where you go. I feel like a side show at the circus or something, I was thinking about dressing up like a clown a few times just for fun. Really draw some attention to myself! dance1

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
You really want to get your brain picked ? take your mb to a bike night or a car show , I do both , bikers get what we are doing an ask many questions , usually ending in a hand shake an a see ya round , but I personally love giving the history lesson to the young guy that rides a crotch rocket an really has no clue how motorcycles came to be what they are now , most car show guys get it especially when I tell them its like building a street rod minus 2 wheels .
Gary

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
You only get a 100mpg? Mine gets around 175-200 depending on how much throttle i give it.
i get 120mpg or so but some only get 80mpg and some get 150mpg i dont peddal much so i think 120mpg is good you only have 26cc if i remember right i have 66cc so the MPG difference is something to expect im wondering what im going to get with the next bike im going to build a 4 stroke next

turbo1889

Jun 12, 2012
NorthWest Montana, USA
I've gotten pretty tired of it, call me a grumpy old man if you wish but I've had to deal with a sizable enough percentage of people who are hostile to me and my MB sometimes to the point of physical hostility towards my personage or vandalism to my bike(s) either on the sly or right in my face in front of me deliberately that even the ones who are nice to me (which thankfully are still the majority but not by as margin as I would like) have started to get on my nerves. My usual response is that It was a kit and I give them the web site address. In the case of the my Staton-Inc kit powered bikes that is extra easy to do in that all I do is take my finger and wipe the dust and road grime off the top of the gear box on each bike where the web-site address is milled right into the top. The electrics are a little more problematic since I must verbally give the website usually more then once and then there is the one electric that wasn't a kit but rather something I built up from parts myself but thankfully that is kind of a stealth set-up and unless someone is looking real close and notices that there is two different chains attached to the rear freewheel spool and that the second chain is on the big bail-out sprocket and runs straight up inside the right side rear pannier (where I have my "hill helper" geared down motor and batteries rigged up inside a hard mount to the frame that the pannier covers up and protects from the weather and vandalistic pedal only snobs) they think it is just a pedal only bike with rear panniers and leave me alone.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I can honestly say I hope no one tries to harm my ride. After all the blood,sweat,curses,and $$$ I feel sorry for the first one that does. Its gonna be an @$$ beating or a jail cell.

I prefer the former.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
I've been putting around for a long while on various motorized objects I've created and have never once encountered hostility...except from cars that expect me to ride on the shoulder...in all the junk that gutters collect...my bike does 30mph easily and I usually cruise right around 25 anyways...the hostility is because they want to go faster than the speed limit...usually my encounters are very inquisitive in nature and I for one want anyone who is interested to get one and experience it...so I gladly answer questions if anyone ever asks...I'm pretty rough looking with tats and long goatee and my mid-calf lace up steel toe boots...inquisitions are usually few and far between...but I am encouraging any and all...

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
i get 120mpg or so but some only get 80mpg and some get 150mpg i dont peddal much so i think 120mpg is good you only have 26cc if i remember right i have 66cc so the MPG difference is something to expect im wondering what im going to get with the next bike im going to build a 4 stroke next
Ya i guess the 26cc would be better on gas being a 3rd the size.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Well it seems that its about time some one wrote up a little some thing we could all print out and hand to people ? I still get more good coments then bad ,but some of the bad coments come with people trying to run you off the road!
We even had to toss one guy outa our club because he lost his cool to often with other drivers and would be screaming at them in traffic?
I did have a guy who backed his car into a bike at a local bar ,he was convinced he was gona get a beating (there was like seven of us out that night) ,but we caught it in time and now he tells everyone how cool we are and how neat the bikes are?
I guess i got the same look as wickedest because with the beard and geared up people dont seem to approach me as much as they do other guys in the pack? Then again we got buttons with us often and he can shut up about these bikes ,so i sick him on anyone who ask to many questions (unless there cute ,only happend once)

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Well it seems that its about time some one wrote up a little some thing we could all print out and hand to people ? I still get more good coments then bad ,but some of the bad coments come with people trying to run you off the road!
We even had to toss one guy outa our club because he lost his cool to often with other drivers and would be screaming at them in traffic?
I did have a guy who backed his car into a bike at a local bar ,he was convinced he was gona get a beating (there was like seven of us out that night) ,but we caught it in time and now he tells everyone how cool we are and how neat the bikes are?
I guess i got the same look as wickedest because with the beard and geared up people dont seem to approach me as much as they do other guys in the pack? Then again we got buttons with us often and he can shut up about these bikes ,so i sick him on anyone who ask to many questions (unless there cute ,only happend once)
Right I have been think about something like. Just like a little flyer or something. Just be like here ya go all your answers are right here! I like to ride. I talk all day to people at work.

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
I would ride my MB even if i just got 10mpg, the fun factor is what counts for me..