Clever Bike Names

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Some of the old British bikes developed names from various habits and faults. Royal Enfield had the distinction of becoming Royal Oilfield, and their Constellations and Interceptors became Consternations and Contraceptives.

Davedamato

Jan 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
I made the mistake last year of telling my roommate about a dream I had where I was riding a motorcycle made out of butter that was slowly melting. He dubbed my 49cc 2 stroke the ButterCycle and the name just stuck.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Some of the old British bikes developed names from various habits and faults. Royal Enfield had the distinction of becoming Royal Oilfield, and their Constellations and Interceptors became Consternations and Contraceptives.
I've heard from my buddy, Monty, that they were also called "Constipations".

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There was a Ford car sold here under the name Cortina (after the ski resort). They were often called Concertinas.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
So far my first MB I named "The Atomic BB". I like that name, and have never considered anything else.

My second MB was a Cadillac, so it was just named it "The Cadillac". It lived up to it's name too. I've had 2 Cadillac cars, and they were both the worst cars I've ever owned. Always in the shop. The MB was just as bad. The motor blew up after 600 miles. After I rebuilt it, it only lasted another 500 miles before it crapped out again. I finally decomissioned it, and turned it back into a riding bicycle, which it seems to like being a lot better.

Now I'm fixing to build a Felt Deep Six. I've kept it in my living room all summer, and have been trying to think of a good name for it besides just calling it "The Felt", but nothing has come to me. I hope I can think of something good. Any ideas?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Well, you can't call it a Silk or a Cotton, because those were both British manufacturers.

I know! Linda! She was famous for deep something.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dunno BN, "The Felt" sounds kinda cool and dignified.

Like "The" any thing. Singular and the most important of it's kind.

The Felt

Or, Dos Felt

La Felt

Ha Felt (Incase you tour Bulgaria)

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I think we've all been missing the point here. A clever name is wanted. So I now offer the cleverest one of them all, Einstein. Easy.