2 Stroke Oil

GoldenMotor.com

Mjkx8

Jun 22, 2011
United States
Hey guys, I have a Grubee Skyhawk 2-stroke on my bike. I just want to get a census as to which 2-stroke oil you guys are partial to. Thanks

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Why risk it ? Cuz thats twice as much opti 2 that is needed !
Have to admit i was skeptical of opti2 @100/1 but its been running great, and im on too my 4th tank ... no problems what so ever.
Next 66 I get I think i will brak it in with opti2 at 50-75/1.

Edit i SWEAR someone had posted just before me that he was running opti2 @ 50/1 and said why risk it ...
Post should make more sense now!

Last edited:

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
Why risk it ? Cuz thats twice as much opti 2 that is needed !
Have to admit i was skeptical of opti2 @100/1 but its been running great, and im on too my 4th tank ... no problems what so ever.
Next 66 I get I think i will brak it in with opti2 at 50-75/1.

Edit i SWEAR someone had posted just before me that he was running opti2 @ 50/1 and said why risk it ...
Post should make more sense now!
Sorry, editing..
If you want to do that 100:1 mix- go for it. I just like to error on the side of caution. It's one thing to have a 4-stroke with oil in the crank case saturating moving parts when operating.. but when you're burning it up for lube and then it's a 100:1 ratio--I feel that's cutting it a bit close.
Plus ol' greasy small engine mechanic I bought it from said he'd never run it at 100:1- but he does at 50:1. I'll go with that.
What's the worst that could happen? More engine life?

The Opti-2 oil company won't be replacing my engine if it breaks-- why take their claims at face value. Why not use Bromin's Magic Snake Oil For 2-Stroke Engines while you're at it-- it says on the bottle that you can mix it at 5,000:1. It says right on the bottle!

Again, I like Opti-2 because it's smokeless.

Last edited:

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Sorry, editing..
If want to do that 100:1 mix- go for it. I just like to error on the side of caution. It's one thing to have a 4-stroke with oil in the crank case saturating moving parts when operating.. but when you're burning it up for lube and then it's a 100:1 ratio--I feel that's cutting it a bit close.
Plus ol' greasy small engine mechanic I bought it from said he'd never run it at 100:1- but he does at 50:1. I'll go with that.
What's the worst that could happen? More engine life?
Oh I did error on the side of caution , I broke mine in with amsoil saber , at quite generous ratio's , and what did I get , a greasy stinky mess of a bike.
And over the course of the summer I burnt way more oil than was needed, had a smoky stinky exhaust, that people commented about ...
Oh yeah and that hawt blue smoke trail that follows you :).
But yeah I hear what your saying, personally I cant wait to get a new engine so I can test and see what wear I get from opti at 75+/1 ratio.

John the Chimp

Jun 4, 2011
Simi valley ca
Ive used Castor 927 in every one of my racing 2 strokes for the last 30yrs. 32:1 and always have gotten good results. Castor oil doesnt burn. So it lubes very well. Just remember to shake your bike before you start it. The oil does seperate pretty quik.

Last edited:

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
You don't get that hawt blue smoke trail with Opti-2 at 50:1.

I don't have that dripping oily "mess" you're talking about, there's some oil deposits but I take that as a indicator that the engine is being lubricated vs. bone dry as a starving for lubrication.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
A friend of mine once won the #2 plate in California Desert Racing while running Yamalube. He liked it a lot.

I'll run anything I can get, mixed suitably and operated accordingly, and 30wt if that's what it takes to get the job done.
Never seized a piston or wiped out a bearing over years of use.
Cleaned a lot of plugs though.
rc

alvelez61

Jul 3, 2012
bronx ny
Re: 2 Stroke Oil, new bee

how do you measure the ratio of gas and oil., say 25 to 1, like what measurements are used for this, is it ounces, at first should i use a measurer

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

I use Wal Mart 2 stroke oil in the gallon jug....I think it is called "TC 3" or similar....I use it on all my lawn equipment and chain saws too.

Andrew